13 amp socket under a bath

securespark said:
Hey, no knockin' the Welsh, look you.

Quarter Welsh myself, and also proud of it (although I don't have a Cymru sticker on my car, doesn't seem appropriate if you are only a quarter)! Descended from a Yanto, no less :D

Didn't realise that under the bath was out of zones. The two diagrams I have seen are:

This one, which makes it look like Zone 0

and This one, which makes it look like Zone 1

I don't doubt that you are right, but it seems a bit worrying that any old electrical accessory can be installed in an area that is protected from water ingress by virtue of some silicon sealant, which often has a limited life and might be badly redone!

Obviously you would have to be some kind of wronghead mentallist on a crack splurge to go installing a 13A plug socket under a bath anyway! :D

Sponsored Links
supersparks said:
lol secure, i have 3 ailiases which probrably dont help him much...no wait...4....cos FWL created a new one when he signed me up for AE3...lol....i will start gettin confused soon....no wait 5 if you count 'ss'

That's all the industry needs.. schizo spark!! :D:D:D

supersparks said:
'spaces under a bath, ascessable only with the use of a tool are outside of zones

Quite right.

But under the bath is still inside a bathroom. And sockets are banned in a bathroom, inside or outside the zones.

Sponsored Links
Stod said:
supersparks said:
'spaces under a bath, ascessable only with the use of a tool are outside of zones

Quite right.

But under the bath is still inside a bathroom. And sockets are banned in a bathroom, inside or outside the zones.
hence i said
nope- under bath = out of zones (hence i wondered if a socket would be allowed, but its still considdered as being in the room- just out of zones so no)

FWL...ill add that one to me list ;)

Jim

Can I have an alias, too?

Maybe Welsh sheepsh*gger, oh no, that would be a dead giveaway!! :LOL: ;)

I was taught the same(In a 16th edition refresher course), that if a tool had to be used to gain access then it could be deemed to be exempt from the zoneing rules.

Does that mean my wife's **** is outside the zones?

:LOL:

Thank f*ck she's not over my shoulder like FWL's..........

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back