13A supply spurred off 32A socket?

Sponsored Links
If you have a 32A ring in your kitchen, and you have taken a spur off that to the fan, then you can't take another spur off the fan to the gas hob ign.

(in practice it would be fine, but the electrican shouldn't sign it off)

Find another double socket, and take a spur off that for the gas hob

The extractor fan socket is part of the circuit, not spurred off it. I suppose the question comes down to can I feed a 13A fused spur with 2.5mm cable from a 32A circuit?

(in practice it would be fine, but the electrican shouldn't sign it off)
The electrician shouldn't be doing any signing off anyway.

I'm just running the cable, ready for electrician friend to make the connections and sign it off.
A friend.

Well you aren't much of a friend to him, are you, asking him to lie on official documentation, and conspire with you to break the law. You should be ashamed to be abusing your friendship like that.

To clarify, I've got a 2.5mm circuit supplying all the power in the kitchen (except for the ovens), part of which is a single outlet for the extractor fan - this may not need 32A, but that's what I was told to install.
You were told to install a 32A outlet? :eek: By whom?

My gas hob certainly needs a 13A supply for the igniter.
It certainly does not. What kind of igniter uses as much power as a 3-bar electric fire?

I'm trying to understand the best way to do this - I'm just a bit confused about if I can provide a 13A supply on a 32A circuit.
Please get an electrician (possibly your friend, possibly not) to do the whole thing.

Sponsored Links
I'm just running the cable, ready for electrician friend to make the connections and sign it off.

Oh, it's him again. I must say this Electrician Friend is a busy fellow, he's always agreeing to these odd jobs and then flitting the country with no phone or email so he can't answer his friends' questions or describe what is required.

I can't understand how he manages to make a living.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back