15-60 or 25-60 pump?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a 15-60 connected to 28mm pipe and on setting 3 you hear some turbulence in the pump, but setting 2, the flow is not enough.

The performance graphs (from memory) are identical for these two pumps, but would a 25-60 be any quieter? I have examined Grundfos' site but so far have not been able to find info on this question.

Also why are 15-xx pumps so common when they usually interface with 22mm or 28mm pipe?

Sponsored Links
15-50 pumps are usually more than man enough for anything other than a pretty big domestic system. Even 28mm pipes. I've very rarely had to fit a 15-60.

The 25-60 is starting to get into small commercial I would think.

Have you checked for any sludge or blockages in your system?

@gas4you, a Grundfos 25-60 and 15-60 have the same performance graphs and same motors!

@gas4you, a Grundfos 25-60 and 15-60 have the same performance graphs and same motors!

Well, you are comparing european grundfos with grundfos UK

Same performance on both but the european pumps are 20 quid cheaper from abcotuk.co.uk

Get all my gas valves and pumps from them. Great company to buy from!

Dave

Sponsored Links
what does the 15/ or 25/ bit stand for...???

you kinda just assume its bigger and better

what does the 15/ or 25/ bit stand for...???

you kinda just assume its bigger and better

Well as we know it stands for the diameter of the orifice or there abouts.

But will a 25 be less noisy on setting 3 compared with a 15?

I have a SMC 1" 130Watt 5 setting 130mm pump and it is quiet but unfortunately it vibrates the pipes above setting 3 causing a different type of noise!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back