15mm or 22m for correct gas pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily ;)
If supply pressure (to meet regs) is 21+/-2mbar at meter outlet, and maximum allowed pipe loss is 1mbar, I make that minimum pressure at meter outlet 19mbar, and 18mbar at the boiler.
But I just googled it make sure the 21+/-2mbar is at meter outlet (as I'd expect), and and there is a wide range of opinions, some saying the pressure required in practice at most boilers is much lower than 18mbar. Ask 10 GSR guys and you get 11 opinions!

Sponsored Links
We had Glowworm request we repipe a boiler once. Was literally next to gasmeter..say 1.5mtrs of 15mm pipe. Still insisted we repipe in 22mm which we did at no cost.

Had to repipe a 40kw ideal once someone had replaced a Wau just connected of the 15mm pipe. Funny the hot water wasnt very good.

Sponsored Links
If supply pressure (to meet regs) is 21+/-2mbar at meter outlet, and maximum allowed pipe loss is 1mbar, I make that minimum pressure at meter outlet 19mbar, and 18mbar at the boiler.
But I just googled it make sure the 21+/-2mbar is at meter outlet (as I'd expect), and and there is a wide range of opinions, some saying the pressure required in practice at most boilers is much lower than 18mbar. Ask 10 GSR guys and you get 11 opinions!

That is because ypu do not know the rules.

What you have to work to and what someone else has done are completely different things.

To explain the rules is too complicated to bother with, and probably above your head

What you have to work to and what someone else has done are completely different things.
Where have I said anything about working to what someone else has done? I'm saying look at it as it is and work out what pipe size is needed.
and probably above your head
As you have no more idea about my ability to understand things than I have about yours, that's too silly for any further comment.

P1 could be at the end of a 4mbar internal drop
OK, so if you measure pressure there, and it's 4mbar plus some pipe loss lower than the meter, do you conclude there's a problem, as it's > 1mbar? If not, how do you confirm pipe loss is < 1mbar? Fit another tapping point upstream of the internal drop, on the pipework? I bet that happens a lot! Boilers I've seen have just 2 tapping points, inlet pressure and burner pressure.

Last edited:
OK, so if you measure pressure there, and it's 4mbar plus some pipe loss lower than the meter, do you conclude there's a problem, as it's > 1mbar? If not, how do you confirm pipe loss is < 1mbar? Fit another tapping point upstream of the internal drop, on the pipework? I bet that happens a lot! Boilers I've seen have just 2 tapping points, inlet pressure and burner pressure.
The above question you ask suggests that you should refrain from commenting on any future gas related topics.

OH Dear !!!

Here we go again, more of the same. If the tapping point is not at the boiler inlet, where is it?
Afraid fixitflav you are well out of your depths here. And the giving out of gas advise outside of the combustion chamber is not allowed under the forum rules. you can do as much fishing as you like on google but i'm afraid certain information is restricted and is not available on the internet unless you have certain passwords/ memberships for various sites to gain access. This is done so illegal gas work is not encouraged, and untrained/unqualified can't find the answers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back