16th edition qualified???????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have got the C&G 2360 pt 1 & 2 i passed these back in 2002, also in with the 2360 was the commissioning exam, which was all about the regs (blue version) my question is, with the introduction of part P you need to have 2381 16th edition exam to be allowed on the domestic installer scheme, i dont know whether i have it or not, is the commissioning exam the same as 2381. Maybe someone with the same exams can enlighten me

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
talk to the people running the scheme you plan to join. Last i heared NICEIC domestic installer required either 2381 or 2391 (the inspection and testing exam) but this may have changed since.

from what i've heared 2381 should betrivial for someone whose already done a full electricians qualification so you shouldn't need to book on a course or anything if you need it just find somewhere that will let you take the exam.

Nightporter, this is a serious problem with the morons who has started Part P schemes, the only joy you may get is the NICEIC as they will be fully aware that your course was completed under BS7671 and will be "16th Edition".

I had a similar issue, I trained under the 15th Edition, and upon returning from Canada in the Early '90s I completed the old 2380, which was the 16th Edition course back then, but no-one except the NICEIC would accpet it.

I would speak to the NICEIC and see what they say.

Sponsored Links
Big_Spark said:
Nightporter, this is a serious problem with the morons who has started Part P schemes, the only joy you may get is the NICEIC as they will be fully aware that your course was completed under BS7671 and will be "16th Edition".

I had a similar issue, I trained under the 15th Edition, and upon returning from Canada in the Early '90s I completed the old 2380, which was the 16th Edition course back then, but no-one except the NICEIC would accpet it.

I would speak to the NICEIC and see what they say.

ELECSA will accept 2380

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back