16th Edition Regulations (2381) BS 7671 Practise Questions

Spark123 said:
1) The fixed wiring in caravan is part of section 6. This specifically excludes the likes of the road signalling wiring attached to the caravan.

I can't make head nor tail of 608-01-01.

They apply to caravans........They do not apply to mobile homes, fixed recreational vehicles.....Sec 601 applies to caravans or motor caravans.

What is the technical differences between caravans (which are covered) and mobile homes & frv's? And if Sec 601 applies to caravans & motor caravans, why have motor caravans been left out of the first sentence in blue?

Sponsored Links
Is it not simply that one type is mobile and liable for mechanical movement, and could use 50 x systems at 50 different parks in a year.

The other being mobile only in word, a mobile home or fixed RV being more likely to require a more static (and possibly) fixed system install?

Tsg9 said:
Spark123 said:
So would you put an alteration or addition into service with faults on it?

Tsg9 said:
742-01-04 deals with the Initial Inspection, where any faults have to be "made good"

743-01-02 deals with Alterations & Additions where it only mentions recording.

Are you saying that regardless of whether it's an alteration/addition or initial verification, all faults will need to be made good.
Initial verification precedes testing. This is the same for any certificate including an EIC, wether it is being used for a new installation or an addition/alteration. An EIC will be accompanied by a schedule of inspections, if there is an X in any of the boxes the schedule of inspections the certificate should not be issued until it has been rectified (nor should the testing stage be carried out.)

Now I'm confused!! So which is the correct answer....

Record or Make Good??

I'd still say made good.

securespark said:
Spark123 said:
1) The fixed wiring in caravan is part of section 6. This specifically excludes the likes of the road signalling wiring attached to the caravan.

I can't make head nor tail of 608-01-01.

They apply to caravans........They do not apply to mobile homes, fixed recreational vehicles.....Sec 601 applies to caravans or motor caravans.

What is the technical differences between caravans (which are covered) and mobile homes & frv's? And if Sec 601 applies to caravans & motor caravans, why have motor caravans been left out of the first sentence in blue?

I agree with Chri5, as far as I am aware the regulation is more to do with the type of caravan you'd see trundling up the M6 on the back of a ford mondeo of a bank holiday weekend or the likes of VW campervans.

From GN7:
A caravan is defined as a trailer vehicle for leisure acommodation used for touring on public roads; a motor caravan is similarly defined as a self-propelled vehicle.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Guys for all your help, although I didn't get any of the questions that were posted here, some questions did come up from the links that you provided to past papers, which allowed me to spend time on the questions that I didn't know....In the end I think I got 57/60 right, according to the breakdown of the pass sheet below....

Again much appreciated for spending the time helping me out...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back