16th Edition Regulations (2381) BS 7671 Practise Questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Just been enrolled by my company to take the 16th Edition Regs, Does anyone know where I might be able to get hold of some past exam papers, to be able to try out before the Exam in a few weeks time,

TIA for any assistance

Tsg9

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Tsg9

I passed my 2381 last week and to be perfectly honest it wasn't that difficult. It's an open book so make sure you tag up your 7671 and your OSG.

The past papers that davey_owen_88 has suggested are excellent prep for this exam.

Also, make sure you are ok on the following:
* disconnection times
* calculating volt drop
* trunking/conduit sizes

You may get some questions on these so you need to make sure you know where to look.

You'll be fine.
Good luck.

Mike

Mikey_A said:
It's an open book so make sure you tag up your 7671 and your OSG.

Don't waste your time trying to duplicate what already exists.

Better that you know how to use an index.

dingbat said:
Better that you know how to use an index.

I agree that you do need to know how to use the index. But from a personal point of view i found it helpfult to tag up certain aspects of 7671 that appeared in sample papers.

It helps, honest.

But dingbat i do agree that you should know how to use the index. I think the way i wrote my first note made it look like i tagged up the whole book.

Sorry, i'll choose my words better next time.

Most people, even after doing a regs course, are unaware that the OSG has five index sections, four of them pictorial. And I find that so many candidates try to find entries by flicking through in hope, rather than using the 'clues' provided!

And every time I see a regs book looking like a Post-It hedgehog I see somebody limiting their search options. ;)

Hi Guys,

Thanks again for all your help, I found a couple of Past Papers on the Net, but they didn't come with any Answer's...I think I got most of the Question's right, but was unsure about 11 of them, they are below, Could someone who is far more cleverer than myself take a look at them and give their opinion!!!

Thanks for any assistance that NE1 may provide

Tsg9

1) b - 0.5 and 0.65

The value you measure on the cross connect test is one quater of the sum of the end to end resistances of the conductors in question so

(1+1)*0.25 = 0.5, and (1+1.6)*0.25

Reason is, the centre is the worst case, consider just one conductor at a time, if its one ohm from end to end, each end to the center is half an ohm, stick both of them in parallel and the resistance is halfed again, giving the magical R1+R2 = (r1+r2)/4 formula :)

2) b - local sup bonding

common sense, and if you want a reg number, see that 413-02-27 makes no mention of the MET

3) A - RCD

RCD is not overcurrent device, common sense

4) c - date of last inspection and date of next inspection 514-12-01

5) D - bs88 only one with suffficent breaking capacity, page 50 OSG

6) C- 30ma RCD, look just about anywhere in part 6, occurs time and time again, bathrooms, caravans, etc

7) A person or body responsible for maintaince, etc : 341-01-01

8) A - Haazards from failure, etc : 314-01-02

9) A- borrowed neutrals - common sense - 314-01-04

10- hmm, I'd go with B, load current, it doesn't affect the type of wiring system, only the size of the conductors

11 - A nasty question, the only ones in chapter 411 for both indirect and direct are selv and limitation of discharge of energy (refers to electric cattle fences, etc), I assume it wants C (currents through livestock and people) 411-04-01, though when I first read the Q, I assumed C was a red
herring and outlined the purpose of shock protection, but none of the answers has anything to do with SELV and the wording is similar to 411-04-01 (although prevent instead of limit :confused: ), (EEB)ADS, Class II insulation and bonding are all methods against indirect contact

anyone who knows any better, please speak up :LOL:

davy_owen_88 said:
City & Guilds 2381 - Sample Paper 4
Q40:

Cable couplers should be arranged so that the plug of the coupler is connected to:

A a circuit protected by a fuse
B the load site of the circuit
C a circuit having a circuit protective conductor
D the supply side of the circuit.

:confused:

Thanks alot,

I know the Zs=Ze + (R1 + R2 ) Formula, but can't seem to recall

R1+R2 = (r1+r2)/4 formula
in the regs or OSG, can you point me in the correct direction??

If I come across any other's that I'm not too sure about, I'll let you know...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back