190x47 CLS joists - enough landing for drywall screw edge distance?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
P_20190701_130117.jpg
P_20190701_130031.jpg
The ends of ceiling plasterboard will have to share a 47 landing on the joist underside, so not much edge distance for drywall screws.

Is there a spec drywall screw edge distance to be maintained?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Yes i don't know off hand but just read the on site guide for the plasterboard manufacturer, it has all the info. Should be available via Google.
I think you will be fine though as long as you are accurate enough with the boards.

How do you think ceilings/walls are normally boarded on 47mm width joists? You’ve posted this question before, and already had valid answers. What is it that you’re worried about, and causes you to ignore the various helpful answers you’ve already received?

Sponsored Links
With everything open it was easier putting sisters on than the faff of carefully splitting a 47mm landing, which, once you disregard the radiused corners, is actually only 40mm anyway. So, I'll use tapered edge PB and drop the sq edges on the sisters, stacks of landing there now.

IMHO, sometimes, what is easier for the tradesman may not necessarily be better in the long.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back