1930s Home, what colour paintwork?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys n gals, wanting to paint the paintwork of my home but don't want to go for white.

I'm happy to paint the couple of UPVC windows I have and even the carport.

What are your thoughts and opinions, show me what you have done.

Thanks
Adam

image.jpg
image.jpg

Thanks
Adam

Sponsored Links
It would be sensible to keep it something like it is.

No point painting white uPVC windows. They don't need painting. More work. Could flake off. Best keep any wooden windows white too, so they match.

No point painting any plastic guttering. It will flake eventually.

Looks like it's been painted before with the above in mind. Very sensible. Keep it low maintenance.

If you are adamant enough to paint everything, green and cream, brown and cream, black and cream, black and white are typical colour schemes for woodwork on old 1930s houses.

But you would be crazy to start painting plastic.

Sponsored Links
Is this a semi?

It is, isn't it?

What have they got next door? It seems unfair to have an absurd colour scheme if they have ordinary white next door.

image.jpg

UPVC primers are superb these days, such as Zinsser Bullseye. Check it out.

In fact, I'm liking the colour in the picture above.

My intention is to remove the previously painted (previous owner) and flaking gutters and paint facia boards black, refit new black gutters. Paint gable end and windows.

Neighbour has gone white frames and dark green, really not my cup! So whatever we decide it will be different to the neighbours.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back