1976 vs 2017

Sponsored Links
I finished school in 76 & started work more or less straight away so could not enjoy it, but anything to do with the 70's is better than today.
What....even..........the G O V E R N M E N T.....................??

(Dives behind sofa...:sneaky:)

Dammit; why do all the threads get twisted to politics. You're banned SecureSpark.

Sponsored Links
I remember that summer...... was a scorcher.. but does anyone also remember the ladybirds swarms we had? seemed to be everywhere

Yeah...My sis went to Germany and it was knee-deep in ladybirds there.

Remind me, did we have global warming in 76.
Yes. In fact only a minority of scientists thought we were entering an ice age:
GlobalCooling.JPG

The only good thing about the 1970s was being a kid. Outside of that you had deep snow, hot summer (1976), rubbish TV on an evening. Some appalling music/fashions, poor safety/environmental standards, and politics that we would like to forget (ok, so the same could apply now with Brexit).

Yeah, but ignorance was bliss, and we enjoyed ourselves. And that's without the nostalgia effect.

We have a global warming lobby that is relentless in the extremes it will go to to get it's message across. But when they were found to be fiddling the figures, it got changed to climate change (which I agree with), and then it turned back to climate change making the earth warmer. Yet in 2014/15, the ice in Antartica reached exeptional levels before dropping back to normal levels, so the north of the planet is getting warmer, and the south is back to normal.

So, is it that the greater land mass in the north is contributing to the higher tempratures, (which could still imply it's man made), and the greater sea mass in Antartica is holding it's own. But is climate change due to emmisions, or over farming, and to my mind, the incessant cutting down of the forests.

We know the jet stream shifts and pulls warm air from the eqator towards the north, and they still haven't got to grips with why it does it. Is this part of a natural cylcle, I suspect part of it is, but I don't think we will cure the problem by cutting down on emmissions, even though I think we should, nor will we solve anything with renewables that have numerouse short commings; but as trees provide us with oxygen, I just cannot understand the limited thinking of those who would cut them down, and whilst not being a Green, I do think we need to start protecting, and replanting as many forests as we can.

More trees can only be a good thing.

If you buy certain toilet rolls, there is a pledge to plant more trees than are felled.

Sponsored Links
Back