2-4ml gap in boarded ceiling

Good nailing schedule. Given that your walls are rough, why not hack away a little at the top of the wall junction of board and wall to give the rag scrim a chance of a neat join?

Sponsored Links
Good nailing schedule. Given that your walls are rough, why not hack away a little at the top of the wall junction of board and wall to give the rag scrim a chance of a neat join?

the walls are getting dot&dabbed... so will be neat anyway

you should still get a certified electritian to give you a certificate for that i was on a job the other day and the exsisting electrian (mabey a novice) had put them too close and they caught alight, im not saying your job isnt very good cos it is by the sound of your post you have never done this sorta thing before and i am impresses at what you have done but in my mind i really dnt think its worth risking setting things alight for the sake of correting something before its too late.
JRP

you should still get a certified electritian to give you a certificate for that
Unfortunately it’s extremely unlikely you’ll find a registered spark prepared to do that, unless he’s your best mate & even then most wouldn’t. They cannot sign off someone else’s installation work, doing so would risk their registration & therefore their livelihood; I believe they can also be criminally prosecuted!

The nearest you’ll get is a periodic inspection of the whole installation but that cannot certify the work has been done in accordance with Building or Electrical Regulations. Lack of test/certification paperwork can also have insurance implications in the event of problems.

Sponsored Links
No one will sign it off, also there is more than likely an inaccessable junction box somewhere. those lights get extremly hot, thats why they dont advise that they are mounted closer that 500mm from surfaces!! at 50mm away you will feel the heat or else a trip to the quack is needed because your senses arn't working properly, you could have cheap bulbs which arn't "heat forward" lamps in which case the back of the bulb will be hotter still!!!!! My aunty singed her hair on one before, they can and will scorch timber.

To the op, a small hole saw set is relativly inexpensive. I would check with your insurance company if they will cover you since you have DIYed the electrics in the kitchen and also not informed building control. I hate being the bearer of bad news but better you know than no one tell you when they see something that needs attention? :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back