2 amp round pin double sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have 2 amp round pin single lighting sockets all around the living room.

Anyone know if it is possible to buy a 2 amp round pin double socket, so we can plug two lamps in at once ?

If so, where could I get it ?

Many thanks

Mark

Sponsored Links
Never seen a double.

Buy a twin (dual accessory) back box and use 2 x singles

AP636.JPG

I think Chris has only answer as only the MK 2A 1G Round Pin Socket K770 WHI is allowed in this country as those made abroad are not shuttered.
The K4901 universal socket is part of the grid system and you could get two of these into a single back box but they are not designed for UK see page 153 on this PDF http://www.mkelectric.co.uk/PDF/technical/GRID_PLUS_prod.pdf I would not recommend.
Eric

I think Chris has only answer as only the MK 2A 1G Round Pin Socket K770 WHI is allowed in this country as those made abroad are not shuttered.
The K4901 universal socket is part of the grid system and you could get two of these into a single back box but they are not designed for UK see page 153 on this PDF http://www.mkelectric.co.uk/PDF/technical/GRID_PLUS_prod.pdf I would not recommend.
Eric

I think he means 2A 3 round pin sockets.

You may be able to buy them as euro-data type modules.

Sponsored Links
That was the only way I could think of doing it, but don't remember having ever seen 2A sockets in a euro module.

Someone worth talking to- depending how much you're willing to spend :LOL: is a company called switch to wood, I've just had a load of bespoke stuff make up by them and they seem to have a can-do attitude, stuff was nicely finished too.

Switching to 5 amp sockets might be more practical, though.

If you just want a socket that isn't compatible with normal plugs (to prevent accidental connection of large appliances to the lighting circuit) how about using MK non-standard 13A plugs and sockets?

I have seen 2A round pin double adaptor blocks. No idea where to buy them though. :( How about using a flex connector to splice two flexes into one 2A plug?

thank you to all of you for your helpful replies. I think I will put in another single next to the other one, as suggested.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back