2 amp sockets

Both electric showers I have owned previously failed disastrously with water flowing out of the shower body/control unit. That's a 100% failure rate. I got out of there fast, I can tell you.
That's almost certainly the pressure relief device operating, so it's not a failure - it's doing what it's supposed to do.

The PRD is easily and cheaply replaced, and from what you said it was probably triggered by the flow being restricted by limescale buildup in the shower head. If you live in a hard water area then regular maintenance of a shower is essential, and if it's not done you shouldn't be surprised if things go wrong.

And anyway - I still don't see how water coming out like that is going to harm you.

The first was a Triton T30, the second a Triton T60. Both were old.
So on the basis of two old and poorly maintained showers from the same manufacturer you condemn the whole concept of electric showers as "bad news"? That's bit like condemning cars on the basis of having owned two old and poorly maintained Morris Marinas.

Maybe a brand new professionally installed electric shower would work OK for a few years? I doubt I'll ever be in a position to find out.
Fair enough - they aren't the best solution for everyone - I was just questioning an opinion which seemed to be insufficiently logical and partly based on superstition.

Sponsored Links
You can imagine my feelings at finding a Mira unit in our new cottage. It is going to be replaced with a proper shower as soon as possible

I don't understand that statement.

Mira showers are the best money can buy.

It is increasingly popular to have 2amp or 5amp (I prefer the smaller 2amp) sockets switched seperately at the door.

We are doing some large house refurbs at the moment, and are finding these are requested regularly.

Funny how fashions come back in..I've been doing this kind of install for years. I remeber about 10 years ago a cust asking me to rip it all out as it was horribly dated. I advised her to keep it in, just not to use it.

Now she thinks its the best thing ever!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back