2 Amp round pin plug wired to trailing socket?

scr print from MK catalogue showing samples of plugs and scr print of Rapid catalogue admittedly they show a 5A sized and now I'm suspicious I have fallen into a trap of misdirection by them.
1696553474167.png

However that still doesn't say anything about the wire routing.

Sponsored Links
scr print from MK catalogue showing samples of plugs and scr print of Rapid catalogue admittedly they show a 5A sized and now I'm suspicious I have fallen into a trap of misdirection by them.
I definitely share your uncertainties -and, somewhat uncharacteristically,. Mr Google seems to know surprisingly little about these plugs.

Kind Regards, John

ah, old school mk over engineering!!!.but I do think that is completely ott for a 2A socket and would look slightly naff in the lounge..............
My goodness! I wonder who on earth would use one of them, what for, and where ? ;)

... and, in context, all that OTT-ness (I presume at quite a high price!) seems to come without a fuse!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Back in my Uni days (oh my THAT long ago!) we had 2A 3 pin sockets in the Halls of Residence.

Each room had two sockets & they were grouped, I think, 4 rooms onto a 5A MCB. This was back in the late 1980s (!!!!!!!!) so no big PC setups, large screen TVs etc. The room came 'complete' with an anglepoise desklamp fitted with FUSED 2A plug. It was permitted to use 2A plug to 13A trailing socket converters but FUSED 2A plugs had to be used and these were on sale in the Student Union shop.

I'm sure I still have one...... somewhere...... the fuse was on the far right hand side, vertically, pretty much the same place as in a standard 13A plug & was the smaller cartridge fuse - the same physical size as was common in a clock connector.

Back in my Uni days (oh my THAT long ago!) we had 2A 3 pin sockets in the Halls of Residence. .... Each room had two sockets & they were grouped, I think, 4 rooms onto a 5A MCB. This was back in the late 1980s (!!!!!!!!) ....
You sound like a youngster :) My experience was the same in the late 1960s !
.... It was permitted to use 2A plug to 13A trailing socket converters but FUSED 2A plugs had to be used and these were on sale in the Student Union shop.
Hmmm. I don't think we were very concerned about (even if we knew) "what was permitted" :) There were plenty of '2A plug to 13A trailing socket converter leads' being used, and those of us who understood anything about electricity made sure that they were not fused 2A plugs :)

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back