Round Pin Sockets

RDP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Can someone please confirm for me, if it is a requirement for 2 amp round pin sockets (with shutters), to be on the RCD protected side of the CU, or can they simply be a part of the normal 6 amp lighting circuit on the unprotected side?

Sponsored Links
Working to BS7671:2001(2004) they don't need to be RCD protected, WRT BS7671:2008 I'd have to read the exact regulation again, but I think being of a type thats only compatable with plug tops found on lamp stands would be enough to meet the requirements of being for a specific purpose :confused: (though its a moot point anyway, the concealed cable would probably require RCD protetcion anyway...)

EDIT: Just put them on the normal lighting circuit... its what people will expect to find

Sponsored Links
if they are on the lighting circuit as usual, then 5A sockets would be more appropriate than 2A

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back