2 Coats Emulsion?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I skimmed a wall after a repair job and then put wallrock lining paper on. I then bought a 2.5l tin of Laura Ashley pale linen paint. Fine.

Then the mrs said the lining paper looked so good why dont we put it on the other walls?. I agreed. However now I have relaised that I don't now think our Laura Ashley paint tin is going to stretch for 2 coats on the walls. And sods law now they have sold out of stock.

I don't think the sheds are paint matching at the moment.

Question is would i get away with getting a similar colour tone from a different brand and using that as the first coat with the LA paint as topcoat?

Sponsored Links
Take your tin to any paint retailer with a mixing facility and they will match it perfectly.

Some of my decorators' merchants allow you to enter their stores with a sample on lining paper for colour matching, other's will only take telephone orders (click and collect style). You may need to phone around.

Be advised that colour matching is a bit of a misnomer. It really means matching a colour to the closest colour in another brand's range rather than actually matching a colour.

Tell the store what you are hoping to do. I would imagine that you should be able to find something that is close enough as a base. Alternatively, try to find an online retailer that mixes LA paints.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back