2 Electric showers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I'm about to have a combi boiler fitted so i will be installing two 9.8kw showers. One in the bathroom the other in the ensuit.

What i'm presuming is i will need two 6.0mm cables one to each shower which will mean i will also need to give them each there own trip switch in the fuse box?

Am i right or is there an easier but safe way to install two electric showers.

Thanks in advance :D

Sponsored Links
Why are you installing electric showers after you have a combi installed? From what I gather, even the most basic of gas combi will far outperform an electric shower.

A combi boiler and TWO electric showers?

Why?

You will likely need 10mm^2 cable, not 6, and if both those things are running together with other loads, you might pop your service fuse.

Its a worcester 30si so a decent boiler. I guess i could go for one electric in the ensuite and a mixer in the bathroom. To be honest i wasn't sure if the boiler could cope. I would rather keep one electic so i'm not fully relying on the boiler for hot water.

Sponsored Links
Installing an electric shower is notifiable to your LABC under part p of the building regs, you may be better using a competent electricial to do the work.

I'm not planning to do the work myself. I just like to find out whats fully needed so i know what they are talking about and already know whats needed.

I'm not planning to do the work myself. I just like to find out whats fully needed so i know what they are talking about and already know whats needed.
Hi all. I'm about to have a combi boiler fitted so i will be installing two 9.8kw showers. One in the bathroom the other in the ensuit.

What i'm presuming is i will need two 6.0mm cables one to each shower which will mean i will also need to give them each there own trip switch in the fuse box?

Am i right or is there an easier but safe way to install two electric showers.

Thanks in advance :D

:confused:

2 electric showers is a bad idea, and may not even be possible depending on the supply to your house and what other electrical items you have.

1 electric and 1 mixer is more likely, the boiler will be able to cope with at least 1 mixer shower.

Or forget about a combination boiler and have a proper hot water system installed instead.

Bloody hell picky. I don't actually mean i'm doing it myself. Sorry for not wording it correctly. I will just rely on what the electricion tells me than get slated on a forum asking for advice.

have one elec shower for when the boiler breaks down and one mixer shower so you can have a nice shower when the boiler is working.

Its a worcester 30si so a decent boiler.

That boiler has 30kW DHW output, so it's a no-brainer as to which one wins out in a contest with a 9.8kW shower.
I doubt if you will get 2 showers to run successfully at the same time off a combi boiler, especially in the middle of winter, having 1 of each seems like the best idea to me also, if running them together is a requirement.

Bloody hell picky. I don't actually mean i'm doing it myself.
Then why did you write, quite clearly and unambiguously that you were going to DIY?

I will just rely on what the electricion tells me than get slated on a forum asking for advice.
Good idea, but rather than this:
you should get an electrician you can trust...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back