2 gang switch to control 2 lights

So he'll need to get access to the JB, and under the floor to run the cables to the lights.
Indeed.
He could just as well access coiled up cables from the switches, and run them to the lights, and end up without any joints.
He could, but (a) he'd have to coil up an awful lot of cable if he has no idea where the lights would be and (b) as sparkwright has just reminded us, he apparently only has small conduit in situ to the switches, which presumably could not accommodate the two cables that would be required if power were to be looped through the switches - so there would then have to be supply looping through the lights.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Not sure where this discussion is going. .. The point of the post was he wanted to re-use the narrow switch conduit,
hence why he wants to use a 3 core and earth cable (again), so he won't be 'feeding' the wall lights directly from the switch.
Indeed - I'd forgotten that. Provided the big JB can remain accessible, I see nothing particularly wrong with what the OP originally proposed. A good few moons ago, I had such an arrangement for most of the lighting in a previous house.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back