2 Kids let their own mother die over £40 a month

I know nothing about her sons other than a snippet i read on a forum...

Do you?

No; but they didn't help their mother out, and that's that.
It's always a case of 'blame the Government/Council/Social Services'
but people should look after their own.

But there are many cases where mothers drink and don't look after their kids.... or gamble... or just sit and watch daytime tv and don't care for their kids... this is what i'm saying, do you know for sure her sons aren't victims of this sort of thing?

Are you actually trying to defend her situation by saying she was a drunk, or gambled, and so her kids shouldn't have helped?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I know nothing about her sons other than a snippet i read on a forum...

Do you?

No; but they didn't help their mother out, and that's that.
It's always a case of 'blame the Government/Council/Social Services'

But there are many cases where mothers drink and don't look after their kids.... or gamble... or just sit and watch daytime tv and don't care for their kids... this is what i'm saying, do you know for sure her sons aren't victims of this sort of thing?

Are you actually trying to defend her situation by saying she was a drunk, or gambled, and so her kids shouldn't have helped?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

No... i'm saying you don't know the facts !

There was case a few weeks back where a daughter wanted to look after her elderly father and not burden the state.
She ended up jailed by a secret court ruling.
You would get better treatment in china or india.

Sponsored Links

Well, actually we do.

1. Her cut was £40

2. She had 2 kids of working age

3. She was offered 3 other flats

4. She could have rented a room

5. Her kids could have taken her in, found another £40 between them.

Now as to point 5 you *could* argue they couldn't afford £40 (A month), but good luck with that argument, and in the unlikely event they really couldn't afford £40 collectively, well then points 3 + 4 (and this is not an exhaustive list).

So yes, I think their kids should either be saying what a **** mother she was, how she deserved this, or they should be saying how utterly ashamed they are for not knowing what a state their own mother was in, and doing something to help her.

Well, actually we do.

1. Her cut was £40

2. She had 2 kids of working age

3. She was offered 3 other flats

4. She could have rented a room

5. Her kids could have taken her in, found another £40 between them.

Now as to point 5 you *could* argue they couldn't afford £40 (A month), but good luck with that argument, and in the unlikely event they really couldn't afford £40 collectively, well then points 3 + 4 (and this is not an exhaustive list).

So yes, I think their kids should either be saying what a s**t mother she was, how she deserved this, or they should be saying how utterly ashamed they are for not knowing what a state their own mother was in, and doing something to help her.

I'd just say, please take a breather, and calm down a tad...

Family law is vastly complex, as are individual relationships... you're applying sound logic to a potentially unconventional scenario..
..... and getting cross with me !!

So 2 grown up kids are aware their mom is in financial difficulty.

Neither of them find the extra £40 she needs, JUST £40 pounds.

Neither of them offer to find her a room-mate so she can earn a bit more money.

Neither of them offer to take them into their own homes.

Neither of them encourage her to sign on for disability benefit that she is apparently able to claim.

Instead they both stand by and do nothing, she commits suicide feeling she has no support network to fall on, and they blame "the government" for cutting back her handouts.

http://news.sky.com/story/1089813/bedroom-tax-blamed-for-womans-suicide

Her children should be utterly ashamed that their own mom felt she could not rely on them, and instead felt suicide was her only way out.

from your comments you come across as arrogant
you seem to make wild and bizarre assumptions on little or no facts :eek:

last year a single person would get 50 or so to £72 pounds a week
to pay for gas electric water phone insurance furnish a home buy all domestic appliances and cleaning materials pay all transport cost
and cloth themselves
most would have between £15 and 25 to feed themselves after everything else some with debts will have less with many never out off debt

now assuming they are all prudent and have say £25 left to feed them selves this year they have to pay 10% council tax perhaps £3 and the bedroom tax so "just £40" will be there food money for 2 weeks or if they are struggling on £12 its nearly a months food money

Is it any wonder people resort to stealing? That moron IDS reckoned he could live on £72 quid a week.
Once you pay the utility bills and council tax then you're looking at starvation.

Is it any wonder people resort to stealing? That moron IDS reckoned he could live on £72 quid a week.
Once you pay the utility bills and council tax then you're looking at starvation.

several tory mps and others have lived on the "weekly unemployment allowance " over the years for programs on the tv
non included water phone bills insurance or household white goods replacement
some programs include gas and electric if prepay meters
but the most would not include clothing gas electric replacing worn out furniture or electric equipment cleaning materials clothing loans phone bills etc
indeed one said it was easy to live on and could afford a half bottle off wine ??
shows you how they dont live in the real world with there 10 or so times the amount to live on :rolleyes:

several tory mps and others have lived on the "weekly unemployment allowance " over the years for programs on the tv

Yes, it's easy to do that as a short-term stunt for TV; they know at the end of the series they will always go back to their feather-bedded lifestyle.

But when you have to live on small amounts week after week, year in and year out - with no respite - then it can become debilitating.

to pay for gas electric water phone insurance furnish a home buy all domestic appliances and cleaning materials pay all transport cost
and cloth themselves
most would have between £15 and 25 to feed themselves after everything else some with debts will have less with many never out off debt

now assuming they are all prudent and have say £25 left to feed them selves this year they have to pay 10% council tax perhaps £3 and the bedroom tax so "just £40" will be there food money for 2 weeks or if they are struggling on £12 its nearly a months food money

BLablablabla

So yet again it is completely the state that must feed clothe and house her, you put no responsibility to her two children, towards her neighbours and friends. You put no blame towards herself, someone who is apparently disabled, yet quite happy to have kids and others to pay the tab, then cry KAMAKAZEE when the state wants her to downsize (You did read that bit about being offered 3 other places.).

And

she had never been registered as disabled, so she lived without disability benefit

and cloth themselves

BLablablabla

So yet again it is completely the state that must feed clothe and house her, you put no responsibility to her two children, towards her neighbours and friends. You put no blame towards herself, someone who is apparently disabled, yet quite happy to have kids and others to pay the tab, then cry KAMAKAZEE when the state wants her to downsize (You did read that bit about being offered 3 other places.).

i will wait for the full facts from several sources rather than selective reporting from one or 2 sources before i form a full opinion

in general for housing to be offered to a homed single person means virtually no one else wants it
housing goes on a points system and a single person with a roof over there head will be placed behind a homeless person

Sponsored Links
Back