2 Kids let their own mother die over £40 a month

i will wait for the full facts from several sources rather than selective reporting from one or 2 sources before i form a full opinion

in general for housing to be offered to a homed single person means virtually no one else wants it
housing goes on a points system and a single person with a roof over there head will be placed behind a homeless person

I don't understand your point?

She was offered 3 other places, are you saying it's OK that she didn't feel they were good enough (for free), when there are plenty of people PAYING for rubbish bedsits and the like.

?

Sponsored Links
there can be many reasons why no one wants to move into a property
they may be many miles away from friends and family
the may be in a dangerous area with gangs roaming
maybe non where suitable because off her disabilities
you may have the neigbours from hell next door who knows

there can be many reasons why no one wants to move into a property

Indeed.

they may be many miles away from friends and family

Like my flat (I don't drive), like many millions of people all over the country (who again have to pay for their digs).

they may be in a dangerous area with gangs roaming

So it's ok for the people to live their to pay for it, but heaven no, they are not good enough for her!

maybe non where suitable because off her disabilities

Which she was never registered for?

Myasthenia gravis has differing levels of severity, and treat-ability.

Many people work with disabilities, one might reasonably assume if she managed to raise 2 kids, and never registered for DLA, it wasn't that severe.

you may have the neigbours from hell next door who knows

How did you know I have the neigbours from hell?

Do you mean I should get a free 3 bedroom house with a garden then?

Load of leftie hand wringing tosh, loads of bum fluff reasons why she shouldn't have accepted housing that millions of others have to pay for, under conditions millions of others have to put up with.

The country is bankrupt and the only way to help family into 3/4 bedrooms is to ask people to downsize, it's not about punishing people, if they refused then they have to pay the bedroom tax to make up for it. They are trying to reallocate the housing but it's not easy getting the balance right. What do you suggest, build more council homes, if so,what with? It's not their house so in theory the world do not owe them a living, sometimes we take things for granted. Try living in Serbia in a difficult economic conditions

Sponsored Links
Masona is clearly Tory scum.

He should know that everyone should have a free 3 bedroom house, given to them, and that they should have a right to occupy this for life.

Capitalistic pig!

Aron, do you know this woman? what's your involvement in this family situation?

Masona is clearly Tory scum.
You're wrong!
He should know that everyone should have a free 3 bedroom house, given to them, and that they should have a right to occupy this for life.
Not sure where you've got that from? I don't agree with it but you have to deal with the current situation now. What do you suggest?
Capitalistic pig!
Can you do this without any name calling, it's a sign of weakness.

There are situations where forcing somebody to move for the sake of freeing up a bedroom is not the most sensible thing. But there are thousands living in properties far too large for their needs and I know from direct experience that many of those people are paying way below market rent and are more than capable of paying more. I managed a major repair scheme for a housing association some years back where properties were refurbished with new kitchens, bathrooms, flooring, wiring, heating etc. and fully decorated. These are fabulous properties in the very best parts of town and the rents they were paying were unbelievably low. A housing officer told me that part of the problem is that people get into these places under one set of circumstances but once they are in if they get a job and things improve - which is very often the case - they stay on the stupidly low rents for years afterwards.

The fact is that the low rents allow these people to live a very nice lifestyle that I couldn't afford myself - and I'm having to pay for it. This can't go on. In an ideal world we would make an individual decision about who stays and who should pay more or move. Nobody wants to see people suffer who have no means to do something about it. But that isn't feasible. The next option is what we have now - a fixed rule. The best option possibly lies somewhere in between but we have to start somewhere.

The country is bankrupt and the only way to help family into 3/4 bedrooms is to ask people to downsize....

They are trying to reallocate the housing but it's not easy getting the balance right....

It's not their house so in theory the world do not owe them a living....
Maybe they should start at the top - with the benefit recipients with about 50 spare bedrooms in a prime London location...

After all they do have properties they actually own to move into... ;)

What's your source of info for this woman?

I'm sorry, but is that the best you can do?

All the facts you need have been provided, who she was, what medical condition she had (that she did not register for as disabled), that she was offered THREE other places, that she had two children of working age (why couldn't they support her).

The harder you grasp those straws, the more fall out of your hand.

Have to agree, the suicide sadly was more likely nothing to do with bedroom tax

we need the full facts really before we can come to an honest and correct conclusion probably based on the balance off probabilities because we probably will never know fully what went on in her head

we need the full facts really before we can come to an honest and correct conclusion probably based on the balance off probabilities because we probably will never know fully what went on in her head

What more do you need big-all, access to her diary?

She was offered 3 alternative accommodations, she did not want them.

It was made clear if she wanted to keep her large property with a garden, she would have to find some funding to do so. You simply will not convince me, ever, that when millions of people that have to pay more, for smaller properties, that this is an unreasonable position.

She had two children, of working age, who should have been able to support her, especially given the small amount of money involved when split between them.

That she killed herself is tragic, but the people to blame are herself, her children, and her friends, in that order.

Harsh but true.

You simply cannot have the state go ever onwards and upwards, doing everything, and being blamed for any ill when it fails to fix it.

Sponsored Links
Back