2 Lights Off One Spur

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have taken a fused spur from a double socket.
Where the cable comes out of the wall from the switch, can I split this into an IP rated box and run a cable to the rear ( To run 150w Spot) and to the side of house to a normal outside light(40w Bulb)? I know both lights will come on with just the one switch , but is it OK to run the two lights from one switch and is my idea correct?
Also I've got a 5amp fuse in the switch, if I can run 2 lights from one switch do I keep the 5amp fuse or need a higher one?

Thanks In Advance. Patrick

Sponsored Links
Where the cable comes out of the wall from the switch, can I split this into an IP rated box and run a cable to the rear ( To run 150w Spot) and to the side of house to a normal outside light(40w Bulb)? I know both lights will come on with just the one switch , but is it OK to run the two lights from one switch and is my idea correct?
As long as you don't use unprotected twin & earth cable, it's OK.

Notifiable though, should you care.

Also I've got a 5amp fuse in the switch, if I can run 2 lights from one switch do I keep the 5amp fuse or need a higher one?
I have to say I'm a little concerned at the thought of anybody doing electrical work when they know so little that they can't even work out what current a 190W load draws....

I have to say I'm a little concerned at the thought of anybody doing electrical work when they know so little that they can't even work out what current a 190W load draws....

Have to agree with you there, as ban said this is notifable works as its outside

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back