2 questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One is a simple question that is about this cable on the roll. Sent the misses for 2.5 cable but she came back with this. I'm 99.9% it's 1.5 cable instead of 2.5mm for sockets that I needed. See pic of the roll.

Second question is I picked up this light in screwfix and I already have a 1 5 cable running to the light source and another 1.5 cable going to the switch. Will this still be ok to wire up or will I need any other additional fitting for it to work or is it ok with the cables already in place.

IMG_20231105_153032887.jpg
IMG_20231105_153125095.jpg
IMG_20231105_153136007.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
As well as being 1.5mm², It looks to me to be a varient on T/E that has a full sized and insulated CPC and likely intended for the Irish market.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
As well as being 1.5mm², It looks to me to be a varient on T/E that has a full sized and insulated CPC and likely intended for the Irish market.

Yes, it's for the Irish market. It's what they use there now.

Any response on the other question

Is that a bad thing? Works for Ireland.

Second question is I picked up this light in screwfix and I already have a 1 5 cable running to the light source and another 1.5 cable going to the switch. Will this still be ok to wire up
Twin & earth? Yes.

1mm² would be more than adequate.

or will I need any other additional fitting for it to work or is it ok with the cables already in place.
Well it's not 'or' but you will likely need another connector for the Line conductor and Switch Line.

1699209535247.png

Why have they twisted the wires in the diagram? Pillocks.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Twin & earth? Yes.

1mm² would be more than adequate.

Well it's not 'or' but you will likely need another connector for the Line conductor and Switch Line.

View attachment 319872

Why have they twisted the wires in the diagram? Pillocks.

Here's some pics of the actual light.

Is that live to live rather than live into the block or another wire with the t&e coming from consumer unit.

This light was in the shed, I took it into the house and there's moisture all over it. Would this be an issue?

IMG_20231105_203145514.jpg

IMG_20231105_203201817.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back