2 questions.

Sponsored Links
okall.had gas consultant call today,he spent 4 hours assessing the situation here and it was windy.
he is from a training company who is registered with nic certification,he is senior assessor,ie he overseas the trainers and asseors.
he found the following faults on new boiler installation.
1.flue plume will conndense on neighbours window.
2.when cooker is 50% in use,available inlet gas pressure to boiler is 17 millbar.
3.when cooker is 100% in use ie all burners.14 millbar is available at boiler.
4.no equiopitanial bonding or cross bonding.whats that ?.
5.13 amp fuse in plug top.
6.plug top.old type with no shield on live and neutral pins.
7.poor earth to boiler.less than req for part p.again whats that ?.
8.boiler and system not flushed,fernox test failed.
9.cables taped to pipes in airing cupboard.
10.trv.s are very old and system not balanced.
11.gas pipe not clipped.
plus 4 more a4 pages of,incorrects.
so i was asked if he could shut down my boiler as being ID due to gas pressure.i agreed.
bg rep and engineer calling tomorrow,wow that should be fun.
ps my beloved cooker is fitted ridged on a steel pipe.so no need for a chain.although when this cooker was installed chains/brackets were not req.ie its very old was there when i bought the place.
so now some progress.
the case continues,thanks for all your replies.

if i was in uk i would love to be a by stander when bg call.i would even pay a fee to be there.

a boiler is as only as good as the person who has fitted it.

ok this is now the situation.bg technican and a mamager visited,they are willing to fit a vertical flue kit and re-run gas supply in 28mm copper,at their own expence.
i have asked gas consultant and he reccomends this.
i am happy with that and just need to arrange an appointment with bg.
thanks for all your help.

Sponsored Links
i would be asking them to upgrade the equipotential bonding/cross bonding as well. thats usually part of a standard BG quote and gets done as a matter of course.

if it was me i might have pushed a little harder for other things to be sorted as well, depends on what you were quoted for of course.

thanks nickso,i prefer to get an electrician to do the electrical work.without being disrespectable to all plumbers,gas engineers/installers who have made the effort,cost and headaches to do a 4 day course and qualfied as part p.
i prefer to get an electrican with many years of experience to do electrical work.same as i would not get an electrican who has done an unvented cylinder course to install a mains pressure cylinder,he would be experienced in wiring immersion heaters fused spurs etc but not experienced with plumbing.
i am getting house ready for sale and will tidy up the wiring ie have a new consumer unit,earthing and bonding up graded and have a certificate for compliance.my other neighbour is an electrican and a part time instructor at a college.
thanks for all your help and advice.

had vertical flue kit fitted and new gas supply from meter/boiler installed.28mm.system power flushed and some new thermostatic room valves fitted.
work was done yesterday by another bg contractor,bg would have done the work much earlyier but i was away on business.
so now grumpy neighbour now happy.
bg to post complaince paperwork to me.so all complete on the gas side.
thanks to all for your help and guideance.

ps, i told the contractor to make himself tea/coffee and help himself to biscuits as much as he liked.
do you lads live on jaffa cakes,chocolate digestives and caffine.?.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back