2-way dimmer switches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The old topic again:

I have installed 2 2-way dimmer switches to a couple of mains voltage halogens wired in series.

The switches work fine and I can switch the lights on and off OK. When it comes to dimming the lights at the mid-points in the range the lights begin to pulse and don't stabilise until full power is reached. This is the same whichever switch you dim.

Does anyone have any ideas or should I just replace one of the dimmers with a standard 2-way switch?

Sponsored Links
First of all, I hope the fittings are wired in parallel, not series. Do a seach on both words to help you.

Second, if you have put a dimmer at both ends of a two-way lighting circuit, it is no wonder the circuit is playing up. You cannot do this unless you have dimmers specially designed for this job.

You should have only one dimmer and one plateswitch on any one two-way lighting circuit.

Sponsored Links
tlc supply them, but take this advice:

you will be getting a lot of grief if you do, check these forums for problems wiring them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back