2 way lighting circuit question

Sponsored Links
Sadly live and neutral will always be used until such markings have disappeared from every device.
I wouldn't personally feel any sadness. It seems to me to be perfectly reasonable established terminology (which is probably used by 99% of the population) and it is understood by everyone (even those who quibble). Other than in a debating chamber, using "live" to refer to "the one which is not Neutral" is never going to result in any uncertainty, let alone ambiguity.

However, note that this side-discussion has 'slid'. We were not talking about the difference between "line" and "live" (both of which abbreviate to "L" markings, anyway), but to the technical definition which says that neutral is a 'live' conductor. I would assume that everyone accepts the need to distinguish between line/live and 'the other one', and there is absolutely no point in trying to change "neutral" to some other word - so, even if one 'quibbles', it will still always be "L and N".

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back