2 year old Li-Ion battery supplied with new kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just bought a new lawnmower with a 40v 4.0ah battery, but the battery stamp says 29th October 2015. Could I kindly ask is this usual practice with new drills/saws etc? What's an acceptable age of battery bought with a new toy?

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Maybe the mower was assembled around the similar date but the battery would have been from a different supply company,so expecting an early date is acceptable.
You have to remember its assembled abroad (i could be wrong) most probably China and different parts are made in different parts of the world.
Your mower and many more would have arrived in the Uk in a container then gone to the importers warehouse (not your retailer) awaiting for any european retailer to order it into their stock system.Then it ends up on the retailers/etailers shelf where old stock is sold first,so there can be a considerable delay from manufacture to sale.

The mower may have not sold very well,thats something to consider aswell.
Some retailers keep stock for special sales events or order in slow selling items.

If your mower is UK made,then i would have a concern.

My new car has parts date stamped 2 + years,yes its been sitting in a field somewhere (n).

In the world of gas boilers different parts are date stamped/coded and its usual to see many varying dates.

Happy Mowing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back