2007 2l diesel Qashqai problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the above car. The problem is when I am accelerating the car starts to shake, its ok till I get to 50mph, but when I accelorate more it starts to shake, I thought it was wheel balancing, but had all 4 done and still the same...... Soon as I take my foot off the accelerator, no matter what speed i am going the shaking stops. I was thinking maybe its the fuel filter, but I am guessing. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Are there any rumbling noises from the engine, that decrease once you press the clutch pedal......any bumping feelings through the clutch pedal?
I may be miles off, but a failing DMF can make the engine feel like it’s misfiring.
I’d also check the bottom engine mounting, where the engine / transmission fix to the body shell.
This is sometimes called. ‘Dog bone’ because of it’s shape.
John

No rumbling noise mate and nothing from clutch either.... soon as i take my off accelerator, whether to change gear or slow down it stops.

if it was the fuel filter related, I imagine you'd lose power when you floor it and eventually go into limp mode. Don't think it would cause shaking though.

I would take a guess at worn engine mounts or a damaged/buckled driveline. Probably best to take it to a mechanic, I doubt it'll be an easy DIY repair in any case

Sponsored Links
I had a rear tyre that was delaminating but only showed when using a strobe light whilst balancing wheels on the car due to ongoing vibrations. Its a long shot but may be worth looking into once other avenues have been explored.
Anything loose or worn on suspension or driveshaft can show as vibration. The fact that yours does not show when stationary points to something that is rotating when the vehicle is in motion.

Back