2010 Qashqai - Aircon only cool out of one vent

I have just been out to have a look at where the dyed escaped gas appeared to coming from and it appears to be pipe. Unless he saw something else?

Attachments

• file.jpeg
    file.jpeg
    189.6 KB · Views: 172
  • Condensore.PNG
    Condensore.PNG
    475.7 KB · Views: 181
Sponsored Links
Why the picture of the condenser, do you have a new one for it or is it just to show the connection type?

Sponsored Links
But, that isn't a compressor, it's a condenser.

That's what I am querying. The guy who came out to inspect it showed me the dye marks around the bit shown in the picture and then said it looks like I need a new compressor.

I now know (after looking up on the internet) that is not the compressor and is also why I said 'maybe he saw something else' that made him think there was also an issue with the compressor.

Last edited:
In my experience with A/C systems, most of the leaks occur around the condenser and associated pipework. The condenser has a terrible life at the front of the car and is prone to corrosion. The movement in the pipes can also cause cracks to appear. These are the usual culprits in A/C system faults.

I called the chap last night about this and he said that he will change the condenser. Quoted £125. The condenser is £65 online. Does that sound reasonable or should I get a second quote?

Thanks

If he is changing the condenser then he will need a full re gas - hopefully there are no other issues with the rest of the system.
Be lucky!
John :)

If he is changing the condenser then he will need a full re gas - hopefully there are no other issues with the rest of the system.
Be lucky!
John :)

Yeah sorry he did say that he’ll take out what’s left and make a note so that I’m only change for the additional gas needed.

Sponsored Links
Back