22 x 22 x 15 OR 22 x 15 x 22 ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Chaps/esses

Apologies if this has been covered before. I don't log on too often

I was taught ( more than a few years ago) to specify a T fittings with 22mm ends and 15mm middle as

End x End X Middle i.e 22mm x 22mx x 15 mm

Now I am told I should be using End x Middle X End = 22mm x 15mm x 22mm.
When did this change ?

Sponsored Links
Europeans :rolleyes: use end middle end. Depends whom you're buying from.

Stick to what you was taught. It can be a very serious issue espiciallay in the merchants explianing to the young lad serving what way a tee goes..

In that case I want out right now.

I want to buy my apples in 1lbs, material in imperial (foot and inches), milk and beer in pints, fuel in gallons, distance in miles, measure heat output in BTU's and I want to pay for things in
Pound, half a crown, shillings, 2/6d.

Rant over -)

Sponsored Links
And I want to drive a Rover, no matter how cr * p it may be, cause its bloody British and my dad had one :confused:

How many groats do you pay for a bushel of tallow?

Isn't the moderator supposed to say at this point : Please see rule no. 9 or something similar.....

anyway I thought tallow was sold by weight not volume.

I tend to think big distances in miles, medium ones in feet and inches but small ones in millimetres.

Volumes in m2, gallons, pints and ml

Areas in acres, m2 ft2

So, all mixed up. I don't really care what units are used as long as I know an appoximate conversion.

As far as unequal tees go I've always used street x street x branch in specifications and drawings.

MOD

cant be bothered :LOL:

Well to put it another way...being 25, raised with metric education!

I think of distance under a mile in metres

Anything volume over a pint in litres

All weight, except my own, in kilos

Any height, except my own, in metres

But i can guarantee if anyone under 28 know what a quarter of an ounce is, they probably smoke weed!! ;)

True

unclestoo said:
But i can guarantee if anyone under 28 know what a quarter of an ounce is, they probably smoke weed!! ;)

True

Last I heard it was about £20

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back