22mm pipe to 3/4 compression fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I need to connect a 22mm pipe into a 3/4 compression 'T'. I haven't disconnected it yet but I am suspicious that the 22mm pipe won't go through the end nut on the compression fitting. Can I use the end nut off a 22mm compression fitting
a. Will a 22mm pipe go into the 3/4 fitting and
b. Will the threads be different?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
good chance that the threads will be different, when 3/4 pipe was around there were so many different threads but since 22mm they became mostly compatible, why not cut the pipe a short bit from the tee and use a 3/4 to 22mm compression straight to join them, at least you know you will be successful, I am not a plumber but a gas engineer and dont come accross this often so hopefully the plumbing lads will be along soon with a quicker or cheaper alternative

Many thanks. Looks like a compression coupler then with a 3/4 olive. Toolstation also sell end feed couplers but I don't want a bag of 25 which is what they seem to sell.

Sponsored Links
is there a bit of old imperial 3/4 pipe that you took out of the tee?
put it back in, cut it as short as you can get away with and then use a soldered 22mm - 3/4 coupling

Many thanks. Looks like a compression coupler then with a 3/4 olive. Toolstation also sell end feed couplers but I don't want a bag of 25 which is what they seem to sell.
yes that is the way I would go, the 3/4 olives up here used to be called green rings but havent seen any for ages so not sure if they still get called that or not

Thanks for all the help, I was suspicious so I bought some imperial olives today in anticipation. I am told they used to be coloured with a green ring for id purpose, hence the name.

Easiest is to use a 22 mm to 3/4" end feed connector.

Screwfix probably sell them individually if Toolstation will not.

Plumb Centre seem to have them at £1.19 each.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back