24 Dec - update - Grundfos pump still runs constantly

“230v 3 wire installation” being live neutral and earth (3 core flex)?
If correct the 24v link hasn’t been removed or the permanent live to boiler has been linked to 240v RT terminal at boiler control board.
Thread is either a wind-up or you’ve been unlucky having nothing but idiots visiting calling themselves engineers.
I promise you this is not a windup!! The 24v link has def been removed.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
4B244900-D090-4C28-B6C5-40ACA95CA226.jpeg
Post a photo of the cable/flex entering underside of boiler.

But it's strange that "All ran fine from 31 October until 7 December, when the same fault came back." That seems to rule out wrongly wired. If it weren't such an intractable problem I'd say it can't be the boiler as the pump run-on is not being used, and it only takes inputs, 240volt to fire. That only leaves the pump, the 2 valves and the room and cylinder stats.
read the whole post about the permanent live being wired into a switched live , that would cause this

read the whole post about the permanent live being wired into a switched live , that would cause this
Not sure which permanent live and switched live you mean,m but presumably it would cause the problem right away, not after 5 weeks.

Don't you have to be gas safe to do that? :LOL::LOL::LOL::p
I detect a reluctance from the OP to post a photo of the wiring centre terminals, this was asked previously but maybe the OP missed it?
You would of thought the OP would jump at the chance and post the photo in order to resolve “her” issue.

When the fault is alive and clear, the engineer has traced the fault to a live feed at the orange wire using a multi meter - hence the change of heat actuators.
There are two orange wires - one from each valve.

1. Did the engineer isolate them to check which was providing the 240V?
2. Did the orange wire have 240V on it, even when not connected?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back