28mm stoptap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i paid around £23.00 inc vat for a 28mm compression stoptap just to isolate a cattle drinker fed from the mains by a 3/4 black plastic pipe. liners for the black pipe are inc in this price. the make of the stoptap is kx. i checked the price of a brand called comap and its around a tenner. why was my stoptap so expensive? is kx a superbrand or is there designer brands even in plumbing. could i have used sumthing else to isolate the drinker, maybe a 28mm isolation valve or reduced the pipe to suit a 15mm stoptap. this thing looks massive hanging on a pipe. much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Im not one hundred% on plack plastic pipe sizes. But you should be ably to get a 28mm sraight coupler, than a 28mm x 15mm reducer , than add your 15mm tap. This would probably work out just as exspensive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back