2G 2Way Switch + 1G 2Way Switch Wiring help

PLAN A:
  • Learn how lighting circuits are wired and how switches work.
  • Get a multimeter and learn how to use it.
  • Identify which conductors are which at the switches.
  • Connect them all up properly.
PLAN B:
  • Get an electrician.

Sponsored Links
Heres a pic of it - its two reds

b72c92dc.jpg

I prefer to try myself as I think a lot more is learned by doing it without calling in an electrician. If all else fails .... then its an option I suppose.

You need a multimeter to do some testing, did these lights actually function correctly before you decided to remove the switches?
The two reds connected together in connection block, where does the end go?
Seems a bit of a hash up!

Sponsored Links
they worked ok but I always thought it odd that it was the top light that was 2 way instead of the middle light. So i'm sure someone has messed with all the wires and cut and joined things before.

Multimeter I have, and a basic knowledge of how to use it I also have. That just leaves me with .... what wires should i be testing?

The two reds just co back into the cables.

Multimeter I have, and a basic knowledge of how to use it I also have. That just leaves me with .... what wires should i be testing?
Firstly I would like to know which red is your permanent live.
So disconnect the red link and and test each gang for voltage, then once you have found which gang has the live, then test each conductor on that gang.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back