2nd Scottish referendum in doubt ...

Sponsored Links
I see a massive support for independence coming if Scotland does not have the unilateral right to leave.
It means that Scotland is and always will be subservient to England.
That will mean massive support for the SNP in future elections.

It's interesting because she's been saying if the second referendum doesn't take place, the SNP will enter the next GE on a single issue, namely independence. However, even some SNP supporters don't want independence (at least not in the short/medium term) so it's not impossible some of them might temporarily lend their vote to Scottish Labour.

Sponsored Links
At least it will give Jimmy lots more time to work out how any independent Scotland could actually be financed.

Scotland is better off in the union, maybe with more devolved powers on taxation. The nationalist lobby runs the risk of becoming obsessed with independence in the way the brexers did, and miss the wider economic harms that will result.

Blup

I would give them less powers and shut down the pretendy parliament. Rishi should send the auditors in to have a good look at the books.
There used to be a beautiful brewery where they built that monstrosity, they demolished it to build a concrete mess.

I see a massive support for independence coming if Scotland does not have the unilateral right to leave.
It means that Scotland is and always will be subservient to England.
That will mean massive support for the SNP in future elections.
Scotland has never had the unilateral right to leave the United Kingdom in exactly the same way that Wales, Northern Ireland or England don't have the unilateral right to leave the UK. We are all subservient to the UK, except the devolved nations seem to have more independence than England.

I think the SNP will not do so well at the next election when the Scottish electorate realise that voting labour will remove the Tories from government.

I'll say it again as I always do in these threads, the SNP ... as much as they like to say they do ... do NOT speak for 'the Scottish people.' They speak for a % of the Scottish people.

This is partly why they'd love to lower the voting age up here to aged 8. That way they can secure more 'yes' votes from youngsters that haven't even started to contribute to society in any tangible way.

Scotland should get another referendum imo
Than gain independance ?

Win win situation imo

Scotland will be better off ( so they think)

England will def be better off imo

If I had the vote I would vote Scotland out of the union

Scotland should get another referendum imo
Than gain independance ?

Win win situation imo

Scotland will be better off ( so they think)

England will def be better off imo

If I had the vote I would vote Scotland out of the union
Are you suggesting that if there was an Scotexit vote, (even if those damn English could vote) and the vote was to leave, then it would be valid, final and everyone would need to accept it?

Steady on with your unorthodox radical ideas old chap.

I'll say it again as I always do in these threads, the SNP ... as much as they like to say they do ... do NOT speak for 'the Scottish people.' They speak for a % of the Scottish people.

This is partly why they'd love to lower the voting age up here to aged 8. That way they can secure more 'yes' votes from youngsters that haven't even started to contribute to society in any tangible way.
The SNpee don't speak for me. They only speak for themselves.

Would like to have seen the vote given to actual Scottish people ie those actually born there and a certain period of residency and living there at the time and see what the result would be

Sponsored Links
Back