3 additional rad quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, someone has asked me to install 3 rads, they current have 4 rads installed. they want 3 rads downstairs, and i'm looking at installing about 16meteres of pipework, they want 15mm.

what would be a reasonable quote for this kind of work?

Sponsored Links
Hi, someone has asked me to install 3 rads, they current have 4 rads installed. they want 3 rads downstairs, and i'm looking at installing about 16meteres of pipework, they want 15mm.

what would be a reasonable quote for this kind of work?

Let me get this straight mate, you're working as a self-employed Toy Plumber & are going to use an estimate based on what you're told on a DIY forum??..............OMG!!!

well considering there are a number of professional plumbers on here, i would assume it would be a good place to get a rough idea of the prices quoted. The people that want the work done have said the quotes they were given by others were too high, around the £1500 mark.

What size pipewok supplies the 4 existing radiators?

You did check, didn't you?

Sponsored Links

Its not the customer who specifies the pipe sizes! Its the installer who uses the correct size!

You have not meade it clear if these are new radiators to be fitted where there have neem none before.

I budget at £300 per rad. However, if these are mainly smaller than I would reduce this to about £250 each.

However, in Cov prices are much lower. Probably could be done in one day so £100 plus the cost of the rads and tube etc.

Tony

7 rads off 15mm. You go for it. ;)

i've mentioned that having 7 rads off 15mm is going to mean it takes a long time for the rads heat up. However considering the cost of the 22mm pipes, they seem intent on 15mm. if its what the customers want, they have to live with the consequences!

Just to add, my house has 8 rads off 15mm pipework, and it works fine. I've never had any issues with rads heating up slowly, although in theory it should cause issues..

Sod making a decent job of it then? Perhaps this is why the real plumbers charges are more than yours - they will do the job properly.

You wont gain custom by being a pushover and carrying out shoddy work.

You will be cheaper though, and thats all that matters I guess? :rolleyes:

As for your own system, fair enough - it does not make it right though.

I have 15mm pipework going all around my house and i have honestly never had an issue with rads not warming up properly.

I have mentioned that it can cause issues to the customers. They seem willing to take the chance. HOWEVER, that said, would it not cause issues to have half the rads on 15mm and half on 22mm pipework?

Have you ever heard the terms 'Mass flow rate' or 'Specific Heat Capacity' mate?? No? Didn't think so. Basic pipe sizing is something anyone can learn. Did they teach you any pipe sizing on your mickey mouse cowboy course??

So now you're going on a price & pipe sizing you get from a DIY forum??
CC/CCCs...............Pffffftttttt!!!

Naz, this is amazing!

You want to do a cowboy job because you are dealing with people who dont want to spend money.

When the labour element is properly charged the pipe cost is a very minor aspect.

The most basic pipe sizes are 22 mm from boiler to split to upstairs/downstairs which can then be in 15 mm in each area.

For those who dont know Cov the financial situation is dire! But go just a few miles to Stratford or Solihull and its all back to normal.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back