3 additional rad quote

the piping off the boiler was 22mm. This went staight up into the ceiling void where it reduced to 15mm, and then remained 15 all the way around the house, till it comes back into the ceiling void then goes back into a 22reducer and then 22mm back into the boiler.

The amount of 22mm pipework coming off the boiler is about 1.5 meteres on the flow and 1.5 on the return.

Sponsored Links
The most basic pipe sizes are 22 mm from boiler to split to upstairs/downstairs which can then be in 15 mm in each area.

It's a wee bit bold even telling him that Tony. As he may take that as a 'Rule of Thumb' & use it too f.ck up his next job!!!

What's this country coming too?? The trade is on it's knees!! As for the poor unsuspecting British Public.........OMG!!
As you read threads like this you cringe and think it's little wonder Roger Bisby have carved out a media career for himself.

The most basic pipe sizes are 22 mm from boiler to split to upstairs/downstairs which can then be in 15 mm in each area.

It's a wee bit bold even telling him that Tony. As he may take that as a 'Rule of Thumb' & use it too f.ck up his next job!!!

What's this country coming too?? The trade is on it's knees!! As for the poor unsuspecting British Public.........OMG!!
As you read threads like this you cringe and think it's little wonder Roger Bisby have carved out a media career for himself.

well you guys only have yourselves to blame for refusing to take on people who would love to work in this area. I tried for 2 years to get someone to take me on, i had references from college, my city and guilds level 2 plumbing certificate, am a very hands on person, at the time i'd done a couple of small jobs and had no complaints. It wasnt enough though, nobody was prepared to take me on, even on a purely voluntary basis. I was therefore left with no choice but to go it alone, as i have mentioned numerous times.

Whats an honest hardworking guy to do in this situation? I could be a layabout and go and live off benefits, or struggle along in dead end boring IT jobs. Or take a risk and go it alone.

Y`know , Naz I`d be well up for working alongside you instead of getting bored in retirement- only problem is I live in the Dead Centre of England - Sussex ;) Good Luck anyway - You could get a Mears first principles heating calculator :idea: www.mhmear.com

Sponsored Links
Y`know , Naz I`d be well up for working alongside you instead of getting bored in retirement- only problem is I live in the Dead Centre of England - Sussex ;) Good Luck anyway - You could get a Mears first principles heating calculator :idea: www.mhmear.com

He can have mine Nige, not used it since 1981!! It was f.cking useless then & it's still f.cking useless now!!!

It sort of begs the question; If you're that good Naz, why don't you research these things, I mean for pipe sizing all you need to do is Google it...FFS!! Why can't these CC/CCCs think for themselves?? It's no wonder they have failed in their previous career down at ASDA!!!

He can have mine Nige, not used it since 1981!! It was f.cking useless then & it's still f.cking useless now!!!

It sort of begs the question; If you're that good Naz, why don't you research these things, I mean for pipe sizing all you need to do is Google it...FFS!! Why can't these CC/CCCs think for themselves?? It's no wonder they have failed in their previous career down at ASDA!!!

bit harsh Delta. Never worked at Asda. Work in IT in a decent job but after 6 years getting made redundant so will use the redudancy money to set up in plumbing and help pay for van, more tools, and Gas Safe course. Ive decided to take my future into my own hands as this is the 2nd time i've been made redundant in the past 10 years since leaving uni. Have a home to run, fam to support so dont want to be in the position of redundancy every few years. Thank you kindly.

What did you learn within the two years at college?

There are heating engineers out there with years of experience under their belt along with maybe 5 to 8 years of training to boot , you come along with no experiece and want the guys on here to tell you how to do the job along with how much to charge. :eek: :eek: , you are the type that has messed it up for the decent guys out there , get some experience before going it alone.

It's the likes of us that have to go round putting your **** right.

What did you learn within the two years at college?

There are heating engineers out there with years of experience under their belt along with maybe 5 to 8 years of training to boot , you come along with no experiece and want the guys on here to tell you how to do the job along with how much to charge. :eek: :eek: , you are the type that has messed it up for the decent guys out there , get some experience before going it alone.

It's the likes of us that have to go round putting your s**t right.

i've done a few jobs now, from bathrooms to adding radiators onto systems or changing rads and have so far not had anything go wrong (touch wood). In fact i have had to put right dodgy work done by established plumbers. A friends father rents out a number of properties and they now get me to do the maintenance work, and let me tell you, there is some shocking plumbing work i have had to put right, work which was done by "professional" plumbers.

i can only comment on the work i have seen and i will tell you the work has been terrible at times. The amount of leaks in bathrooms i've had to repair is shocking.

I always ensure my work is done to the highest standards. So i may be a chancer or college boy or whatever other term you established plumbers like to use, but i always make sure my work meets customers expectations.

Just to clarify;
CC = Course Cowboy
CCC = Career Change Chancer

Commonly know as CC/CCCs, they have not done an apprenticeships, paid a fortune for a 6 week mickey mouse course, failed in any former career, have a very limited knowledge of the trade, even less experience & never learned all the tricks of the trade from a time-served journeyman.

Just to clarify;
CC = Course Cowboy
CCC = Career Change Chancer

Commonly know as CC/CCCs, they have not done an apprenticeships, paid a fortune for a 6 week mickey mouse course, failed in any former career, have a very limited knowledge of the trade, even less experience & never learned all the tricks of the trade from a time-served journeyman.

Then you have the flip side............most CC/CCCs think the 'time served journey man' is nothing but an old fool who is stuck in a time warp & not moved on from the diplomat/kingfishers...bless em. :LOL:

but i always make sure my work meets customers expectations.

I fail to agree here. This / these customer(s) is/are expecting 7 rads to heat as quicky as the 4 currently do. They are not plumbers, and as far as they are concerned, why can't 7 rads heat as quicky as 4 - no matter what you have told them. Your on a hiding here, and I'm trying to advise you why. Ignore the advice, go ahead and let us know how you get on when the work is done.

With every post, you're digging a deeper hole Naz. Like I said, go for it and lets hope this thread doesnt descend in restaurant reviews again.

Mr. W.

Naz, this is amazing!

You want to do a cowboy job because you are dealing with people who dont want to spend money.

When the labour element is properly charged the pipe cost is a very minor aspect.
Tony
Probably could be done in one day so £100 plus the cost of the rads and tube etc.

£100 labour Tony. :rolleyes: You get your multimeter out for £16 less. You baffle me. :confused: And I'm lambasted for advice on how to change a diaphragm (not here, but in the privacy of the CC). Every Diyer now thinks 3 rads with pipework can be done for 100 notes from a plumber. You are a fool sometimes. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back