3' Fluorescent Tube

S

Shutpa

Have been trying to get a replacement fluorescent tube for my under cabinet kitchen light fitting without success. It's about 30w (the printing has worn off), 3' long by about half an inch wide and has two pins at either end. Anyone any ideas as tio where I might purchase a replacement tube?

Edit: Although the printing has worn off, I believe that the tube is a T4 or T5 and there is no starter.

Sponsored Links
Best bet is to take the tube along to an electrical wholesaler and get them to match it to one off the shelf. Unless you can be sure of the wattage and whether T4 or T5 then buying on the off-chance will be shooting at a moving target ....

PJ

T4 tubes are 4/8" diameter i.e. 1/2 inch.

Hence T5's are 5/8 dia; T8's one inch.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies guys. Dont have a local wholesaler where I live but took the old tube to Newcastle today and got a replacement no bother. It turned out to be a T4 24v tube BTW. Thanks again. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back