3-port valve - motor faulty?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
About a year ago our 3 port valve was changed but its always been a bit dodgy. We noticed we were not getting any hot water so we gave the brass cog a nudge, it would spin, the hot water pipe would get red hot and we'd have hot water again, heating was fine at this point. Had to do that every couple of months but recently has been much more frequent, almost every week.

However, yesterday I noticed that the radiators had not come on but the hot water was fine. So I gave the brass cog a nudge again but it did not spin. I also noticed the motor was making a loud almost clicking/whirring sound which it does not usually do. So now we have hot water but no heating.

Any ideas what the issue is likely to be here? Has the motor gone or may it be something else?

Thank you I appreciate the help

Sponsored Links
What make is the valve.
Might just need a new motor...only buy the Draytom motor which is a genuine Sychron..all the copies are junk.

Its Honeywell. Okay thank you, they aren't expensive so I guess its worth a try!

Sponsored Links
Are you sure the actuator is fitted to the valve body correctly...you must locate the small radiused "pin" on top of the spindle into the base plate correctly...then tighten down the 2 securing screws and back off a little to leave the actuator just a little loose to allow for alignment issues.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back