3 zone valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone help with a wiring diagram, i need to wire up a 3 zone heating system, its 2 boilers running 2 unvented indirect cylinders, sparky at work hasnt done anything like this before.
1 zone valve for ch
2 zone valves for cylinders (1 for each as per regs)
1 pump for whole system
2 boilers but to run together
2 cylinder stats
programmer and room stat

i know its diy forum but cant find info anywhere else so a link or diagram would be great ta

Sponsored Links
Can you wait until tomorrow? If so, I can do you up a nice CAD drawing in work.

It would be helpful to know the make and model of all the equipment.

Baxi solo heat only boilers, and Telford 250 ltr unvented cylinders, grundfoss 15/60 pump and just standard zone valves and programmer room stat

you must be a plumber? lol

i was more interested in the make/model of the stats/valves/timer

Sponsored Links
ok, wiring diagram is here: http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x228/Dr_Doolittle/wiring.jpg

I have no info on the stats/timeclock/valves so i'm guessing its all typical domestic stuff?

As few points to note:
1) No earth connections shown. Earth everything as necessary
2) Live shown in red, neutral in blue, switched lives in black. (easier for printing)
3) It is assumed that the boilers do not need a permanent supply - i.e when the system requires heat, power is supplied to the boilers & pump.
4) Make sure the sparks calculates the total power required for the boilers & pumps. Make sure all contacts on the stats,valve auxillary switches, and timeclock contacts are suitably rated Provide a suitable fused supply.
5) Zone valves are assumed to be typical domestic zone valves. i.e power on will open them, and once open an auxillary contact is made (which in turn switches the boilers & pump)
6) Depending on the type of timeclock used, you might need to loop the permanent live into the 'common' terminal.

system operation:
A two channel timeclock is used to control the system.
The first channel is used for the central heating. If the time channel is on, the valve is opened and the boilers & pump are powered on until the room reaches the required temperature determined by the stat.
The second channel is used for the hot water. If the time channel is on, the two valves are opened and the boilers & pump are powered on. As each cylinder reaches the required temperature (determined by its stat), the relevant valve is closed. If both cylinders are at the required temperature, both valves are closed and the boilers & pump are powered off until heat is required again.

hope this is some help!

Baxi solo heat only boilers, and Telford 250 ltr unvented cylinders, grundfoss 15/60 pump and just standard zone valves and programmer room stat
Hmm. Baxi Solo's usually have a pump overrun, if so, they will need a permanent live supply, & wiring a pump across the boiler terminals as shown in the the docs diagram will probably trip the overheat cut out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back