36 Tory MPs accused : Westminster sexual harassment scandal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ack-cabinet-ministers-found-sex-pests-13-mps/

There names have not been released which I don't think will last for long. Once there names are in the public domain I still hope everyone can afford them the right to being innocent until proven guilty.

If claims are substantiated then would we expect any by elections? If the MPs are in safe tory seats then I suspect there will be little change in the makeup of Parliament.

Sponsored Links
I would expect that this will spread over MPs of all parties, and probably employees who are not MPs as well.

It's possible that people who are keen on power might be particularly attracted to life in government, I suppose, but no reason yet to suppose that a hundred MPs will be any better or worse than a hundred army sergeants or a hundred estate agents. Some organisations seem to facilitate bad behaviour. I can't imagine any secretary where I've worked being sent out to buy sex toys. But then I doubt anybody has claimed for a duckpond on expenses.

I think Stephen Crabb has admitted to sending saucy text messages to some woman and him a devout Christian.
It would be Interesting to find out if any women are among the 36.some women come over all funny when they get into positions of power.

Sponsored Links
HoP.jpg

however even if true (have seen no evidence) that doesn't mean his list is false.

I wonder why notch assumes that people opposed to sexual harassment and assaults are Labour supporters? Hardly complimentary to his chums.

Last edited:
Even the Torygraph has jumped onto what it clearly thinks will be the winning side:

27 October 2017 • 9:45pm
MPs have resisted attempts to protect staff from sexual harassment amid allegations that young employees are being bullied and intimidated, The Telegraph can disclose.

A plan by parliamentary authorities to make MPs more directly accountable for alleged harassment was blocked, documents show.

It comes as a Telegraph investigation reveals allegations about MPs’ behaviour, including one from a woman who said she had been sexually assaulted. Earlier today the Prime Minister said that she was “very concerned” by sexual harassment allegations made against MPs by their staff.

A government source said that there was a “coming storm” over sexual harassment in Parliament and there would need to be a “significant overhaul” of the way staff are employed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...tect-staff-sexual-harassmentamid-allegations/

Netflix is ending House of Cards because its lead actor has been accused of drunkenly "trying it on" thirty one years ago with a fourteen year old boy (who the media as usual for effect are calling a child).

Meanwhile, Westminster also now has accusations of 'sexual harrassment' and 'dirty deeds' being used for blackmail.

The original House of Cards was twenty seven years ago.
Did anyone think it was fiction?

As usual the only surprising thing is that some are (pretending to be) surprised.

Sponsored Links
Back