4.1 KW oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just bought a 4.1KW oven. I appear to have a 32A breaker in my consumer unit, which is fed to the kitchen by 6mm twin and earth. Then in a kitchen cupboard i have another 32A breaker and 100amp isolator at which my sockets in the kitchen are fed. I want to know if I can connect this new oven to this supply as I am not sure as I believe it should be on a seperate circuit.

Sponsored Links
Ah, what you have there is known in the trade as a lashup.

You need a new circuit for this oven.

in a kitchen cupboard i have another 32A breaker and 100amp isolator at which my sockets in the kitchen are fed
A different setup! You have a second CU in the kitchen cupboard - is that right?

Anyway your cooker will draw around 17.8A so will need an appropriately rated circuit. You won't be able to plug it in. What do the instructions suggest?

in a kitchen cupboard i have another 32A breaker and 100amp isolator at which my sockets in the kitchen are fed
A different setup! You have a second CU in the kitchen cupboard - is that right?
I read it as someone had used a redundant cooker supply to lash up a ring final on the end of it, using a 1 or 2 way CU they had knocking about.

Sponsored Links
Steve said:
I read it as someone had used a redundant cooker supply to lash up a ring final on the end of it, using a 1 or 2 way CU they had knocking about.
I read it as the same but was just a little suprised! :confused:

Think it sounds like its time to call in a spark anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back