4 port USB 2 hub

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do these work on PS3 USB. I thought they would but I used one for an XCM cross battle adapter and it won't work. :cry: :cry:

Sponsored Links
There's no reason the hub shouldn't work.
That's what I thought. The XCM works direct into the PS3. Also I have a 1.1 4 port hub that it works through that but the USB 2 will not work and I have tried 3 already. ;)

I have just heard from XCM and they say:

"It is better to plug the cross battle adapter directly to the ps3 port, the USB hub may not supported"

Seems bizarre to me. :eek:

I would say this XCM thing is not properly USB compliant. Not uncommon.

Sponsored Links
I've had trouble with USB splitters on PC's as well as PS. It's all fine and good with low access devices, as it operates at a lower speed, it's when high speed devices need to access the USB, the hub then needs to be powered, to amp up the signal. I think USB3 will be even worse.

Double DIN USB overcame this, as that carries power, but wasn't used mainstream.

One solution it to upgrade the psu in the ps3. (or pc).

I've had trouble with USB splitters on PC's as well as PS.

There's no such thing as a USB splitter..

It's all fine and good with low access devices, as it operates at a lower speed, it's when high speed devices need to access the USB, the hub then needs to be powered, to amp up the signal.

Uh, no, the signal doesn't need amplifying, and powered hubs have nothing to do with high speed devices.

I think USB3 will be even worse.

I think you should come back after reading the specification.

Because replacement PSUs for PS3s are so easy to come by.

Are they easy to get??? I wouldn't want to teardown my PS3 until the warranty has elapsed - it has a few months to go. :D

I have had Xbox 360s to bits more times than I like to admit. :cry: What a pain even with the separating tool. ;)
Don't get me wrong, the XCM Cross Battle Adapter 2.0 is brilliant. I can put the firing on the triggers. For some reason Sony think firing should be on the bumpers - possibly cos the basic triggers are sooooooo badly designed but can be improved with trigger adapters. Also the D pad/left stick on the Xbox controller are in the right place. And finally, I can use the same controller for both consoles (thought the Xbox is now rarely used) so the XCM is really something I would never want to stop using. :D
Phew, what a plug for XCM. :D :D

Are they easy to get??? I wouldn't want to teardown my PS3 until the warranty has elapsed - it has a few months to go. :D

That was sarcasm. A whole lot of it. There is absolutely no need to change the PSU in your PS3 and it won't make any difference to the performance of a USB hub.

That was sarcasm. A whole lot of it. There is absolutely no need to change the PSU in your PS3 and it won't make any difference to the performance of a USB hub.

I thought so but I just had to check. ;)
I nearly got out the Torx. :D Only kidding. ;)
Thanks for the help BTW.:cool:

I've had trouble with USB splitters on PC's as well as PS.

There's no such thing as a USB splitter..

It's all fine and good with low access devices, as it operates at a lower speed, it's when high speed devices need to access the USB, the hub then needs to be powered, to amp up the signal.

Uh, no, the signal doesn't need amplifying, and powered hubs have nothing to do with high speed devices.

I think USB3 will be even worse.

I think you should come back after reading the specification.

So my 4 port USB isn't splitting 1 USB socket, into 4 ? That's NOT the definition of a splitter?

Powered hubs have nothing to do with high speed devices? So why do my High speed powered devices, when attached to the computer ask for a powered hub?

I read the spec..nothing useful. vs usb double din.

Upgrade the PS3 PSU so you never built a circuit or know anything about electronics?

Why do people with no idea post into forums?

So my 4 port USB isn't splitting 1 USB socket, into 4 ? That's NOT the definition of a splitter?

No, it isn't. If you want to call it something other than a hub, call it a port expander.

Powered hubs have nothing to do with high speed devices? So why do my High speed powered devices, when attached to the computer ask for a powered hub?

How, exactly, are your devices powered by high speed? You simply have devices which require more than one unit (100mA@5VDC) of power. This has nothing to do with their speed; I have a half dozen devices within eyesight which operate at high speed without using more than one unit.

I read the spec..nothing useful. vs usb double din.

That would be because the USB 3.0 spec says nothing about 'usb double din', which isn't a standard. I was actually referring to power requirements.

Upgrade the PS3 PSU so you never built a circuit or know anything about electronics?

Oh, I've built circuits. I know all about electronics. I'm still wondering how upgrading the PSU in a device which already has an over-specced PSU is going to change how the USB protocol works.

Why do people with no idea post into forums?

Yes, why are you posting here?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back