4 Slave BT Phone Sockets off 1 Master Socket

How new is your new build? ,you have a old BT logo master socket which is probably 10 years old and the extension wiring looks very poor

Sponsored Links
The house is 7 years old now

I was just looking through some of the papers that came with the house and it says if you want the extensions connected please call BT to do this. :eek:

I’ve connected the wires from the second cable to the face plate of the master socket and still no dialling tone on any of the slaves.

Would all the slaves need to be wired to complete the circuit? One slave still isn’t connected at the mo as I need a new Triplexer socket plate. This slave has 2 white cables coming into it so I’m guessing it feeds another slave socket.

Just connect 2 to blue/white fleck 5 to white /blue fleck and orange/white fleck to 3(you dont really need 3 anymore as phones will still ring if you have a filter in the socket),do the same on ALL the sockets and providing the wiring is not faulty your extensions should then work.

Sorry i was told the following:

Blue with white stripes into 2
Orange with white stripes into 3
White with orange stripes into 5
White with blue stripes into 4

Is this correct?

White with blue stripes go into 5 on all my other slaves.
White with orange stripes go into 4 all my other slaves.

Sponsored Links
No probs bernardgreen.

I changed the wires over on the master and still nothing on the slaves.

Thanks for all your help but I now give up and I will call out a BT engineer to sort it out.

I think if you call them out they will charge you (iirc somewhere around £130) as it isn't part of their wiring.
Unless of course you know a friendly sparky / telephone engineer who will work for a crate of beers?

I will certainly ask around and get a few prices. I don’t really need it done but it just annoying when you move it and things don’t work. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back