42" Acoustic soutions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have the above t.v about two years so out of warranty

The damn thing keeps turning itself down and very frustrating sometimes it wont even let us turn back up as we are pushing the vol + it keeps trying to go down

Any ideas can it be repaired or is it a new one??

Thanks jay

Sponsored Links
Some TVs have an LED that flashes when it is responding to an IR signal or the buttons on the set. Does yours, and if so is it flashing like its getting a signal?

No i don't have that only a blue stand by light but i will try removing batteries from controls and try turning up on the t.v. buttons and see if it makes any difference :idea:

I think the clue may be in the title - I have bought an Acoustic Solutions alarm clock in the past, it was terrible, there was no way to rescan the dab & the alarm would go off at all hours - awful product & ended up in the bin.

That said, I have a pair of AS bookshelf speakers as surrounds & without the grilles do the job quite nicely.

Sponsored Links
Do you have any low energy lamps in the room? These can produce signals that the IR detector can interpret as being meant for them (!). When the fault is present, turn off any such lamps, or cover the IR "eye" on the front of the TV, and see if it stops.

Let us know what you find.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back