45A Cooker Switch with 13A switched socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My electrician friend installed oven for me and it is a single feed using a large grey cable (not sure on power but my friend said it was sufficent), in between we have a cooker switch with 13a socket.

Currently plugged into the socket is the ignition for gas cooker. my wife wants me to plug an american fridge into socket as well (so ignition plug for cooker & fridge) using 2 socket mains adapter plug socket . I am just wondering whether it is safe? my electrician friend has moved but I called him and he said it was fine but kept adding the word probably and most likely and he'd do it so wanted some expert opinions as in worst case scenario if I did do it and it went wrong?

thanks

Nick

Sponsored Links
Won't be a problem for load as they are low power, but no having an adequate amount of sockets and electric leads trailing around in a kitchen are generally going to attract negative comments on a inspection even if not against regs.
Secondly fridges without inverters are very sensitive to volt drop so it's ideal to have them as well connected as possible rather than at the end of long cables.
So in essence, common sense but keep it short

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back