5 amp fuse on lighting circuit?

I think it was Goliath. We used to use these in some theatre lights many moons ago. I bet I’ve still got some if I look hard enough. These have been superseded by halogen lamps with bipin ceramic bases.

Sponsored Links
We always carried 2 way B22 adapters with out public address kit [which all had 2 pin 5A plugs] and commonly connected to a lamp for our power. The thoughts of non earthed microphones etc gives me the heeby geebies now. Someone deciding to turn lights off for a 'slow dance resulted in losing the music on more than one ocassion.

I remember the bathroom heaters which plugged into a B22 and a 4 position pull switch for light, 1KW heater, both, off.

I'd imagine the current limiting factor will be the spring or spring tension.

Plugging a double adaptor into the B22, to allow a 2kw fire/iron plus light in the home, was quite common when I was growing up. If the wire fuse blew, you just fitted one the next size up. Many homes just had one circuit for the lighting, if you were lucky you had a second one for a 5amp two pin socket. Without fail, that 5amp socket would have a three way adaptor in it, to power radio, a standard lamp and a fire. I just don't know how we survived.

I think it was Goliath. We used to use these in some theatre lights many moons ago. I bet I’ve still got some if I look hard enough. These have been superseded by halogen lamps with bipin ceramic bases.
I don't recall where it came from, we had a 1200W version laying around for a long time. When we wanted a decent load on a generator to prevent it doing too much revving and stalling, on amateur radio field events, I soldered 2 wires onto the ES base and suspended it on a pole beside the generator - cap up. It worked a treat until the solder melted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back