5 bar gate twisted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI

Hi,

I'm fitting a new 5 bar gate to existing posts, the old gate has rotted away.
I'll refer to the existing cemented in posts as the hinged end and the latch end
I first fitted the gate to the post with the hinges( hinged end ), put the spirit level on it and it was vertical )straight up) , using the the spirit level I checked the top bar as horizontal
Trouble was where the gate meets up with the far post ( latch end ) the post on the gate was nowhere near vertical, the gate seems to have a twist in it.
A friend came around and gave me a hand to take a couple of photos, I tied the hinge end post to the back of my car and set up the gate so that the post was vertical with the spirit level, that's the photo where you can see the back of my car and the silver car. Leaving the gate in this position my friend took the spirit level over to the the end that meets up with the post with the latch. In the second photo he is holding the spirit level vertical, as you can see the spirit level is touching the bottom of the gate but is a long way from the top of it.

Have I missed something in the fitting process or have I got a duff gate ?

Regards,
Andy

Attachments

• Gate1.jpg
    Gate1.jpg
    391.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Gate 2.jpg
    Gate 2.jpg
    475.8 KB · Views: 61
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back