6mm Microbore

G

gassafeman

What a nightmare that stuff is.

I was there to replace all rads and repipe so the twin-entries could be binned. (Drayton trv4's aswell).

Bloody mates, and carp plumbing shops! No-one sells reels of pipe, fittings are a nightmare to source.

I got the real beef on and ended up repiping all 6mm with 10mm. No manifolds.... all reduced off the ch 22mm primary. (EDIT - no manifolds were originally installed).

£1100 quid all in which I thought was fair. (I got there at 6am and have just got home).

A lot of plastic but as it turns out, 4 rads which had never worked are all toastie.

Sponsored Links
I didn't think C/H piping went this small :!: Its water carrying capacity can't be enough to heat anything but the smallest rad adequately. (Unless, maybe, you fit a mega pump and have the water screaming round the system like a banshee :eek:...)

Sponsored Links
Trust me, I know 8 and 10mm. I use it for hob installs. I have fittings for that stuff!

And yes, Ive only ever seen it on boilers pilot supply tubes.

The internal diameter must have been no more that 3mm! Its commonly referred to as quarter inch I think.

Never want to see it again.

Ive got bit of it in the van and Ill post piccies (have to get the daughter to do it as Im a bit rubbish on computers) showing you how small it is.

Im sure Icould sell it to a doctor to ram up a japs eye with a camera in it.

Paul

I won't use less than 15mm on my gas hobs.

6mm, I thought, was for brake pipes on cars :rolleyes:

V4400 multi blocs come supplied with snap off olive 6mm fittings, lol got dozens of them :LOL:

My parents house is piped up in 6mm micrbore, nasty stuff and this is all kinked to bu**erey, thinking about it half the system is on 6mm and the other half in 15mm.

Guess which rads are the hottest. :LOL:

C'mon now chaps don't show your lack of knowledge & experience........................Of course 6mm WAS used in microbore systems.

Is there any fully qualified time-served real Plumbers on this site??!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back