70 million

You're on your back foot joe, as indicated by you ignoring the questions that were put to you first.

Some of your opinions have a sound basis, but you can't really expect anyone to take you seriously when you write like a crazed and frothing idealist at Speakers' Corner.

Sponsored Links
Yes, the armed forces do expect a commitment for the training they provide but they are in the minority in society.

When I started work loyalty to employers was the norm and it wasn't uncommon for people to spend decades with a single employer ... Not nowadays though.

It has actually gone the other way in my experience ... Employers see candidates who have moved roles regularly in a good light ... Pro-active go-getters ;)

I don't think anyone now expects to give a commitment to an employer who trains them.

Some of your opinions have a sound basis, but you can't really expect anyone to take you seriously when you write like a crazed and frothing idealist at Speakers' Corner.
You do have an uncanny habit of writing what I'm thinking Softus :LOL:

You do have an uncanny habit of writing what I'm thinking Softus :LOL:

You admit to thinking like Softus??????

Sponsored Links
On occasions Softus does seem to wade through the treacle layer and hits the mark.

Yes, the armed forces do expect a commitment for the training they provide but they are in the minority in society.

When I started work loyalty to employers was the norm and it wasn't uncommon for people to spend decades with a single employer ... Not nowadays though.

It has actually gone the other way in my experience ... Employers see candidates who have moved roles regularly in a good light ... Pro-active go-getters ;)

I don't think anyone now expects to give a commitment to an employer who trains them.

But when a poor country trains a doctor or dentist or similar, surely the people who paid the taxes to train them should expect a few years 'payback'? In the UK the Medical Schools are 6 times over subscribed. If they offered places to those that were willing to commit to the NHS - then I'm sure that out of that six they could find one that would sign up for X number of years. (Rather than your dad is/was a doctor).

He is a free man Joe not a slave.

Once qualified, like the rest of us, he can choose to practice wherever he wishes.

But would you not agree that it is morally wrong to take the training without contributing to the system that trained you? When the army trains you.....

Never heard of the British Brain Drain joe-90? I have three friends, two doctors and a dentist who have over the past two years moved to Australia and one, a recently qualified engineer who has moved to eastern Europe albeit on a 3 year renewable contract. Between twenty and thirty years ago my wife lost two of her best friends when the husbands, both computer buffs, moved to the States. This country has lost thousands upon thousands of highly qualified people to other lands. How do you think the people in the countries of origin are feeling about losing similar talent?

I suppose I have got to admit, that some countries, eg Australia have very strict rules on who gets to settle in their country and who does not.

if we have 10 more million people how will we get rid of all the waste the will create, land fills are full, :eek: water shortage, :eek: traffic stopped in all our city's :confused:
schools full, hospital full :confused: cant get a dentist, :confused: so on & so on :confused: why not give the jobs to country's that need them we can THEN BE RECRUITED
TO THESE COUNTRY'S and give them a teast of inpack it incurs ,also as all the Brits that have gone to spain and the likes most reports say they are over 50 bring money and jobs with them because then have help re-build the costa's with Brit money as well as paying for a new inforstructure
they have to leave or be made to work till your 67, :LOL: :LOL: 60 milliom is enough for a island people if we cant prosper then sink we did start the industrial revolutlion put the cheats in work make all who,s jailed work it dont take much ;) :LOL: :cool:

Softus .if you dont rant you migth have to pant :LOL: and get into a sweat :LOL: lord above i migth have to take a 2nd job to pay for my dentist :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back