71 pages of paperwork for 1 lorry of fish

They are 3rd country status,do they have to jump through the same hoops as the UK

Yes they do.

But I doubt much if any fresh meat or fish comes from China, so no sPS controls, no vet inspection.

There will still be a need for

Rules of origin checks
Transit documents
Customs declarations
Product certification
Etc

Sponsored Links
And those 71 documents need filling in every. single. time
Yes

This was all known about before.

Plenty of lorry drivers were explaining the complications and delays going through customs at Swiss border, Norway border, Turkey border.

And of course musicians, exhibitions etc will now require carnets....expensive and time consuming.

Yes

This was all known about before.

Plenty of lorry drivers were explaining the complications and delays going through customs at Swiss border, Norway border, Turkey border.

And of course musicians, exhibitions etc will now require carnets....expensive and time consuming.
Drama Queen, having the time of your life?

Sponsored Links
Don’t they have tour managers and the like who's sole job is to do that type of work? Tell them to just get on with it and stop whinging! As an example, mot testers used to have to go on a refresher course every 5 years funded by vosa. That was changed 5 years ago, you now have to do at least 15 hours study and take an online test at your own expense every year to be able to continue testing so, time consuming and expensive. Plenty of people moaned, said they weren’t going to do testing any more and give up their license but nobody did apart from the real dinosaurs who, quite frankly, the mot system could do without. Things change, get over it.

Don’t they have tour managers and the like who's sole job is to do that type of work

Lots of musicians did tours in Europe - it paid better than UK.

Smaller bands, singers etc can't afford tour managers and the new complexities of carnets and Hughes costs mean it's no longer worth it.

MOT testing may have changed, but it's still viable as a job.

Brexit has made many businesses not viable.

I see you still aren't taking responsibility for voting for Johnson and his hard Brexit.
Time to grow a pair instead of blaming everybody else.

The answer to the paperwork is pretty simple. The need to achieve the approvals that they previously had then there wouldn't be a problem. It's becoming increasingly clear that the brexit driving force at a political level paid no attention what so ever to this sort of area. They were clearly aware of what is needed on various products because we were meeting them. We have also enjoyed the protection they add when in this case we eat them.

Maybe a similar area might help. Salmonella in chickens and eggs. Similar problems can crop up in all foodstuff. It can also carry unwanted pests in some cases that can cause a country extreme grief on their own crops. ;) I chose salmonella on purpose as the history of it here is interesting. Also it's problems in the USA.

Lots of musicians did tours in Europe - it paid better than UK.

Smaller bands, singers etc can't afford tour managers and the new complexities of carnets and Hughes costs mean it's no longer worth it.

Last time I raised a carnet, in my freight forwarding days, it cost about 40 quid. That was for a group called Gang of Four who were touring europe.
They had a couple of lorry loads of kit, this would have been early 80's I guess. The forwarding agent would get a list of all the equipment, this would be added to the carnet together with a page for each country to be visited. Customs in each country simply check the document and stamp it, occasionally they will open a couple of boxes.
Cost these days is a little over 300 quid.

Remind me again how you voted in the referendum.
Oh yes, back when the Leave campaign, Tories and even Fromage said "we won't leave the CU or SM"

Along with most of the current Tory cabinet.

I didn't vote for Piffel and his red tape Brexit, you did.

Last time I raised a carnet, in my freight forwarding days, it cost about 40 quid. That was for a group called Gang of Four who were touring europe.
They had a couple of lorry loads of kit, this would have been early 80's I guess. The forwarding agent would get a list of all the equipment, this would be added to the carnet together with a page for each country to be visited. Customs in each country simply check the document and stamp it, occasionally they will open a couple of boxes.
Cost these days is a little over 300 quid.

oh look a brexiter tries to hide the whole story.

what a surprise.

Drama Queen, having the time of your life?
This lobster tank business is having to close due to brexit red tape

Woody says "what a drama Queen, its just your business youve lost"

Owner of first lobster tank business in Europe's largest shellfish port forced to close 'due to Brexit restraints'
The owner of the first lobster tank business in Europe’s largest shellfish port has revealed he has been forced to close, alluding to Brexit restraints as the main reason.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/bus...rt-forced-close-due-brexit-restraints-3127061

Yep. If you’re lazy, you shouldn’t be in business.
You are so correct...

And especially those who accept taxpayers money for work they admit they wouldn't have done anyway!

But as for the the fate for those who aren't lazy...

"A lobster exporter who is winding up his 60-year-old family business has blamed the government for failing to be honest about Brexit red tape and hidden costs.
Sam Baron, who worked alongside his father to set up Baron Shellfish in Bridlington, east Yorkshire, said the government had failed to be straight with the fishing industry.
Industry experts said that Baron Shellfish, the first lobster-tank business in Europe’s largest shellfish port, appears to be the first big exporter to have announced its closure.
Speaking from Bridlington on Monday, where he is in the process of dismantling hundreds of lobster crates, Baron said: “All we have had is bullshit from the government, promises that haven’t been kept. I am winding up the business while I still have enough to pay redundancy to my staff."

Edit: just seen notchy had referenced this

Sponsored Links
Back